“Always a Great visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Always a Great visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Travel to Lubbock 2x/month. Hampton is my go to hotel. The afternoon staff is great at check-in. I appreciate the friendliness and can do attitude of Frank to make my stay as comfortable as being at home! Thanks to the full staff.

Room Tip: Sign up for Hilton honors then ask for any available upgrades.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel and staff on Tripadvisor. We understand that you have a choice when deciding on a hotel to stay at while here in Lubbock and we're extremely glad we were able to meet your expectations.
I'll be sure to let Frank & the rest of the team know that he helped make your stay great! Thank you once again. Safe Travels.

Christina Gandhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff at this Hampton Inn is top notch! I travel a lot for business, came here for pleasure, and can only say this staff could hold a class in customer service. Very helpful, energetic and happy to be around! Thanks to Joel, Robert, Jonathan, Lupe and Ashley for making our weekend, even after a Red Radier loss, so pleasant! JC

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the great compliments about my staff's service. We all truly enjoy what we do and genuinely care for all of our guests. We want all of our guests to have the best experience they could possibly have regardless if it's for business or pleasure.
I will be sure to let Joel. Robert, Jonathan, Lupe, and Ashley know that they made your leisure trip fun.
Thanks again, and safe travels!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This Hampton Inn is by far one of the nicest ones I have stayed at. Not only was the staff going above and beyond to make my stay great, the hotel was very clean. Being a frequent business traveler, I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Here at our property we are excited to have the chance to make your busines trip the best it can possibly be! Having a clean hotel to stay at is a must regardless if it's for business or pleasure, but what we strive on taking to the next level is our service. We want all of our guests to feel like they're at home when you're staying with us.
I truly appreciate the great compliment that you gave my staff, I'll be sure to let them know that they're doing a great job.
Thanks again! Safe Travels and we hope to see you soon!

Denver City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a nice well maintained property with excellent services and amities. The managers dinner each night is a nice touch and well thought out. Frank and Joel at the front desk were very professional and accommodative for my needs. Based on my recent experience I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let both Frank and Joel know that they helped make your business trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and had to listen to the AC kicking on every 30 minutes as there was no functioning fan feature. That is, the wall controller had a note on it that it did not work and to directly control the AC by using the dial. Yes, I had AC but it rattled and hummed waking me up every 30 minutes like an old ice maker. When I talked to someone at the front desk they said that they had no other rooms and the reason for the wall controller not working was because of a lightning strike that ruined many of these controllers and they have not replaced all of them. I asked to speak to a manager... no luck. I'm sure they will comment on how sorry they are and how important I am as a customer..,,, right.... My comment would be: "Fix your AC wall controllers and get back to your guests who have complaints." The hotel was expensive given the price gouging that goes on in the oil part of the nation. Expensive for what you get. In the evening there were so many people on the internet, it slowed significantly and you were better off just waiting until morning to get anything done on computer. Overall, this is an expensive place for what you get. I did like that they offered a happy hour with some nice food and drinks; however, it doesn't really matter if you didn't sleep well the night before. So much for "guarantees".

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that the wall AC controllers work.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank savvytravelers40
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Lubbock and for sharing your feedback on the issue you encountered with the air conditioner in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Please accept my sincere apology for not getting back to you sooner, this was unintentional and understandably upsetting. If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area so that we can show you the quality of service you deserve.
Sincerely
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

All of the people at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Lubbock, TX. ALWAYS exceed my expectations. It is as if they are a full service hotel. From check in, to breakfast bar to the managers reception every night with beer, wine, appetizers, etc., it exceeds my expecations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, and thank you for your stay with us. As this hotel, we understand that you have a choice for where to stay while traveling, and we're delighted you choose us. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and treating every guest as if they were our family member. I will be sure to let my team know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stay at hotels often traveling for work. I was in Lubbock July 19/20. The staff at this hotel are outstanding! Always willing to go above and beyond and very friendly. The team that picked me up from the airport (Lupe and a gentleman) were very friendly and helpful and Kymmy at the front desk was amazingly friendly. She even offered me a water after my morning work out. She asked how everything was and the gentleman cleaning the rooms saw me when I checked in and when I came back out, as he passed by, he asked me if my room was to my satisfaction! Which it was!! This visit, by far, exceeded my expectations and these ladies and gentlemen made my visit outstanding!! Thank you to the team at Hampton inn & Suites Lubbock, Southwest!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for the great review about Lupe, Kymmy, and my entire staff. They all truly enjoy what they do and want every guest to have a great experience. They understand that while traveling on business, it can be difficult at times due to not being able to see family and friends, so while staying with us we want you to be part of our family/and or a friend in town.
So I will be sure to pass on the great review you just wrote about us to Lupe, Kymmy and the rest of TEAM HAMPTON.
We hope to see you soon!