“Long distance wonder!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I am in Maryland and experienced a death in our family in Lubbock. We were unable to attend the funeral to our great sadness. Contacted Rena at Stellas and she was sympathetic, kind, and so helpful. We were able, through her, to provide a delicious meal for our relatives at a very difficult time. We will be forever grateful!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Although lunch business was brisk, the service seemed relaxed and was very attentive to detail. The waiter was prompt; menu knowledgeable and answered several questions in precise detail. The dining room was comfortable; well appointed; and while very busy, the noise level was subdued. The specials of the week (about 12 or more) were presented on a separate menu from the regular extensive one. All, if I remember correctly, were $8.99 but included a beverage, sides and fresh homemade bread (foccacia the day I was there). My choice was pan grilled rainbow trout which was absolutely out of sight; cooked just right and served hot over a unique bed of seasoned rice, chopped zuchinni etc. A mandarine orange sauce complimented the beautiful presentation.
Needless to say I was impressed as I find it very difficult to find GOOD fresh fish these days and it seems Talapia is the cheap product on most everyone's menu usually presented overcooked and mushy

1  Thank GeorgeTX
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Great lunch deals with fast service. Fun for a girls lunch or taking a client to eat. They have pretty good variety and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

We visited friends and because of Lent and other food and diet considerations, we had a lot of different tastes to satisfy. Stella's did so easily with good food, good portions (not too much, not too little), good food and a great wine list (by Lubbock standards). The prices are neither high or a super value. The Italian food is especially tasty.

1  Thank HikeWineHotSprings
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I ate at Stellas last night on Dec. 6th everything was excellent, our servers name was Mark he was absolutely wonderful!

Been to Stella's Restaurant? Share your experiences!