“I Love "New" Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Diosa Cellars

La Diosa Cellars
Reserve with OpenTable
La Diosa Cellars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 587 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistro Lounge. Spanish Tapas. International Wine Bar. Ecclectic Elegance. Sophisticated Menu. Voted Best Date Place. Evening Live Music. Culturally Inviting. Well Traveled Oasis. Outdoor Dining.
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
“I Love "New" Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We live two hours from Lubbock but when we hit the town we want to find a new place to eat. This place was highly rated and opened at 11. We had an early start. The menu choices were great - I could have gone for several salads, but we split the Rebecca baked brie and I had the Marina (lime shrimp). My wife had the Lada Diosa. We finished with the cheesecake (with blueberries and genache). All were great. Gabe took good care of us. The brie had a jalapeño preserve that set it off just right. The shrimp had great spices with butter and lime - I'd say a dozen shrimp. The Lada Diosa was just the right spice (chicken version) and was gone quickly. Their desserts are all made on premises. The cheesecake topped off a great meal (shared that too). Wonderful. Only critique is that for a "wine bar" their by the glass was limited - mostly local wines that aren't our type. By the bottle had better names. They are celebrating 10 years in the Depot area and our choice for lunch (for sure) and dinner.
There is a mix of seating from open area, back room, upstairs, and couch comfy areas.

Littleton, CO
“Fun and Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

La Diosa is different from the fare I expected in Lubbock. Good friendly service and a large selection of unusual plates. We really enjoyed the sardines in garlic butter and the Albondigas - Spanish meatballs. Nice to have the local wines, also.

Lubbock, Texas
“Poor Attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have been to La Diosa several times and have never had a problem before. Normally this is a great place to hand out with friends, listen to music and drink some wine. This time the waitress acted like she did not want us there. The person or group that was to perform live didn't show up so there was music over a stereo. An hour before closing the waitress turns off the music. Waitress asked us, after we had finished eating, if we wanted our check or if we were going to hang out. We told her we were going to hang out and 5 min later she drops off our check telling us she will take care of it when we are ready. Of course we weren't ready. Every time she came by the table she asked if we were ready to pay the bill. Not sure what her problem was, but they might want to consider replacing her. Probably won't be going back any time soon

1 Thank Sonja M
Dallas, Texas
“This is going to be "The Neverending Story"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Finding a city’s best-kept secret to dine in when traveling has been a hobby of mine for many years, and I must say I just loved being surprised. And it's always twice as special when on a business trip in an unsuspecting, unassuming place like Lubbock Texas. And for those of you searching for a culinary experience like no other, look no further than right in the heart of Lubbock Texas at La Diosa Cellers.

Once through the rustic door entrance, we were greeted with a raspy, edgy, rough, smooth, pretty, soulful, warm, dark, light, sound of jazz improvisation with décor to match. It’s eclectic with lace! It’s warm, it’s almost sensual because of the many large sofas and chairs strategically placed throughout the restaurant as if to invite one to come, lay and relax. This restaurant is so sexy you could cut it with a knife.

Each chandelier is different and casts its own low soft toned personality over the place. If you’re a fan of Frida Kahlo, then you’re in for a pleasant treat. Many of her own self-portraits are hung throughout as if to suggest you were in her gallery instead of a restaurant.
I was completely immersed in the time and thought it must have taken into trying to display the mind, and imagination and color of the owner’s love of their Spanish heritage. The restaurant buzzed with excitement and energy and was comfortably half full with seemingly satisfied guests.

To Rachel, I described what I liked in a red wine and she brought it and she had NAILED it to a tee. Sipping on Bella Riojo, listening to jazz, enjoying amazing conversation with my companion; was just one amazing evening to remember.

Since this is a Tapas restaurant, me and my companion shared fire roasted jalapeno halves stuffed with large shrimp smothered in a combination of cheeses and bacon and then broiled to perfection. BE WARNED, there’s a ton of heat in this dish. Can’t be no punk; bring your “A” game. Next was exotic tapas called Mezzaluna Escargot, Basque Country style snails swimming in wine, herbs, garlic and decadent French butter; we used the baguette to soak up the broth to leave no trace there was ever anything on the plate. We certainly could have shared a second order, though that is more a reflection on the out-worldly taste than the portion size.

Main dish, was Lada Diosa, and if it’s named for the place, expect greatness! My first stacked chicken and cheese enchilada in a rich Spanish salsa, served beneath a bed of black beans and pico de gallo, sided with what I’m sure is fresh guacamole made right before they bring it to your table and oh, tortilla chips.

We actually had room for desert; my companion (yes, I like that word) had bread pudding; he’s from Nawleans, so go figure. But great choice; it’s served warm, you can taste the butter and decadence drowning in a caramel based Bourbon sauce that would make you slap your mamma! I had New York Praline & Chocolate Cheesecake. NUFF SAID!

Our waitress Rachel was a stone delight. Warm and friendly, very knowledgeable on the menu and wines. She walked us through everything good on the menu. Since she was careful not to just point out her favorites (which most staff do), we awarded her 50% of the amount of the check because she was 100% determined to give me and my companion an unforgettable evening.
This whole experience was a food and culture revolution! Topping off with an extreme urge to…

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank ressie123
granbury tx
“Different and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Came here with my wife and son, upon recommendation from TA , and was no disappointed! Quaint place near the Depot District..I had the Diegos Torta, which was excellent, and plenty of food ! My wife had the Marina Topa, and it was outstanding, though not as large a portion !

Visited February 2014

Been to La Diosa Cellars? Share your experiences!