“Different and Delicious”
Review of La Diosa Cellars

La Diosa Cellars
Reserve with OpenTable
La Diosa Cellars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 588 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistro Lounge. Spanish Tapas. International Wine Bar. Ecclectic Elegance. Sophisticated Menu. Voted Best Date Place. Evening Live Music. Culturally Inviting. Well Traveled Oasis. Outdoor Dining.
granbury tx
“Different and Delicious”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Came here with my wife and son, upon recommendation from TA , and was no disappointed! Quaint place near the Depot District..I had the Diegos Torta, which was excellent, and plenty of food ! My wife had the Marina Topa, and it was outstanding, though not as large a portion !

Visited February 2014

Urbandale, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely and inviting atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The decor is so warm and beautiful. I felt absolutely at ease and welcomed when I dined here. The tapas are amazing. I also had the lump crab casserole and enjoyed very much. My waitress was awesome! She explained the variety of tapas and the other dishes that I could choose from, extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend to stop in and relax with a delicious dinner!

Katy, Texas
“As they said, a hidden gem in West Texas.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

La Diosa Cellars is one of those pleasant surprises you have when you dare to explore restaurants out of the traditional steakhouse/Italian/seafood/Mexican realm.

A typical Spanish place with light touches of Mexican (which are there only to give a comfort level to those not familiarized with the rich and tasty cuisine from Spain) and an unexpected wine list at affordable prices.

I went there for a business dinner and had a chance of trying different tapas, all of them cooked to perfection and really, really tasty.

I was introduced to wines of a local winery, some of them made for the restaurant and bearing their label. I have to confess that a lot of my unjustified prejudice against Texas wines has vanished on the spot.

The following day we got back to La Diosa for lunch and we have extended our options to six of their tapas, being four that we had not tried the night before. Although all six were very tasty, Sardinas (sardines) and Maria Julia (red Spanish pequillo peppers stuffed with goat cheese and herbs) were the lunch champions.

We did not have a chance to listen to their live music but we enjoyed the décor, the friendly and attentive service and the excellent food.

After lunch I have visited the winery which is across street from the restaurant. I have tried some other wines and I would recommend their Tre Colore, a very fruity blend of Carignan , Mourvèdre and Viognier. For those of you who never had a chance of tasting a blended red wine made of two red and one white grape, that is your chance.

Prices at La Diosa are fair for the quality of the food and the wines have also a very good benefit/cost ratio.

If you are in the Lubbock area, do yourself a favor: do not miss La Diosa.

• Visited January 2014
Lubbock
“Awesome experience.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! They have awesome food, an even better atmosphere,friendly wait staff and great live music on the weekends. You won't find another place like this in Lubbock!

London
“Excellent Atmosphere and Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

What a great restaurant. We arrived to a queue waiting to get in but were soon given a great table. A fabulous band played and the food was superb. We chose from an excellent selection of tapas. The staff team were all fantastic. Loved the whole experience and will definitely be returning. We had no room for the Key Lime Pie but loved the Sangria that accompanied our delicious meal. Definitely a restaurant not to be missed!

• Visited October 2013

Been to La Diosa Cellars? Share your experiences!