“Won't be back”

South House Grill and Bakery
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
“Won't be back”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our waitress was extremely rude. She never took our drink order. Luckily they give you water when you sit down. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to eat when she came to take our order, I told my husband to go ahead. He ordered his food and she said "is that for you?...the woman normally orders first." When I did order, she did not know the menu very well and somewhat argued with me about what I ordered. How hard is it to write down chicken strips with french fries and salad? The salad I ordered was wrong. It took her at least 10 minutes to come back by so that I could get salt and pepper. When the rest of the food finally came out...half of my chicken was bland and the other half had WAY to much seasoning. Then when we got our ticket, neither of our meals were charged the prices that were in the menu (of course they were higher). We were so frustrated and ready to leave, we just paid it and left.

Lubbock, Texas
“Nice new choice in Lubbock.”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Walking in I immediately smelled the wonderful aromas of their assorted fresh breads and rolls, served hot with compound butter and delivered to your table with your water. A wide range of selections were available so it's hard to categorize the style of food available here. Ours did not appear to be a lunch menu, so most selections were a bit pricey. My salmon salad, at $15, was over grilled and dry for my taste, but it sat atop a bed of their spinach coleslaw that was unique and tasty. Other diners at my table were raving over the vegetarian casserole, the ratatouille over smoked gouda grits, the BBLT (add the usual BLT ingredients to a sliced brisket sandwich on their fresh made slider buns) and sweet potato fries. Texas wines are featured. Portions were generous, and the complete overhaul of the former Moose Magoo's and Zoo-Kini's restaurant location is simply stunning. Service was first rate. As it has been open just a month I am sure even more aspects of this new venue will be fine-tuned; but even now, it was worth the trip and I definitely will be back again.

Lubbock, Texas
“Welcome Addition to Lubbock Dining”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We popped in with less than an hour to go before closing time, but the staff was incredibly friendly, the food fresh from scratch, and the desserts absolutely awesome. The atmosphere is also conducive to conversation and relaxed dining. For those so inclined, there is also a full bar. We were especially impressed with our waitress, a delightful young lady.