“Best Steak in Beef History”

Las Brisas Southwest Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Brisas Southwest Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 589 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 114th & Quaker
Description: Welcome to the ultimate West Texas dining experience! Las Brisas sources only the finest ingredients. Our premium Angus steaks are all natural, free of hormones and antibiotics, and are sourced from one of the only third-party Certified Humane cattle ranching operation in the U.S. Our fish is flown in fresh three times per week and our premium produce is sourced from top growers with field-to-kitchen trace-ability and rigorous monitoring at all five stages of production to ensure quality. Our talented chefs are professionally trained and experienced in a wide range of cuisine. Our Award-Winning wine list is the most extensive in all of West Texas and boasts over 400 selections, including boutique and hard-to-find wines. We have extensive scotch, craft beer, and whiskey collections, and our experienced bartenders will hand-craft a cocktail to your liking. Our patio overlooks a pond and waterfall, and plays host to live music acts from the end of March through the end of October every year. We offer two private dining rooms to handle all of your business and special occasion needs. All of this culminates in an unparalleled experience for you and your guests. Whether you're dining with family, entertaining clients, or simply meeting for cocktails on our patio, we encourage you to escape the city, relax, and enjoy...The Las Brisas way!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak in Beef History”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

My husband and I had heard about Las Brisas and our curiosity finally got the best of us. We chose to go for a pre-Valentine's day dinner. They offered their regular exquisite menu and a dinner for two as well. We ordered the tenderloin crisper appetizer, a tomato and basil with buffalo mozzarella salad, 12 oz. fillet minion with grilled asparagus and southwest mashed potatoes, and a crisp apple white chocolate brownie that was to die for. Our dessert was perfectly shaped into a swan which was just the most gorgeous presentation I have ever seen. Our waiter was wonderful, and even offered wine suggestions for every main course on the menu. Our bill totaled around $200 with our bottle of wine, and I must say, it was worth every dime that was spent. The best part, there was also a kids menu, so that the whole family could dine on perfection. I highly recommend this restaurant for all of those special moments and even for those not so special ones. You have to try it to believe it! So get a move on, TRY IT!!!

1 Thank smmcafee

Lubbock, Texas
“Possibly Lubbocks best...”
Reviewed January 4, 2009

I have had the opportunity to eat at Las Brisas twice for business meals. Everything was perfect. The filet was good and the 12 oz filet is amazing. It was cooked to perfection and was tender sooo tender. The lobster was also very good. They have a seafood platter appetizer that is so yummy and so worth it. The service staff had excellent recommendations for wine selection and service was 5 stars. It is on the outskirts of town and the ambience is very good. The restaurant is well done and not noisy like some of the chains can be. Its clientele is upscale and the restaurant is pricey by Lubbock standards and worth it. The lighting is good. It is a great place for a business meeting or to take someone special. About the only negative I can say is that the wine list is pricey, but it is like that at all the good restaurants in Lubbock. Lubbock is a dry precinct, so you pay about double for wine that you would get in Dallas or Houston as a comparison. An example would be my favorite California Cabernet is $22 at the grocery store by my house in Houston, $45 out at the liquor stores (the Striip) in Lubbock, and in the $120 range at the better restaurants in Lubbock. Still, if you want a wonderful dining experience and it must be perfect, go here...

7 Thank discip1e
lubbock, texas
“nasty!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

if you want an expensive cheap piece of meat, droned in gross butter then you will like it. perfect example of money does not buy taste.

2 Thank vsisnero
Lubbock
“You must get the bone-in ribeye!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2008

The bone-in ribeye is by far the BEST steak ever! It's even better than Cagle's, which is darn good, but not as good as this. Be prepared for this to be your whole evening, however, especially on a weekend or holiday. It just takes a long time before you get your meal. Often, you have to wait first for your table, then it takes a long time to get your food. But it is sooooo worth it if you are a true food lover, especially of ribeye steaks! Bananas foster are really good too if you can even remotely fit one in your stomach after that steak! I had them after having a different meal that wasn't quite so filling. I have to admit, I'm not really impressed with their other meals. There's nothing wrong with them, but they're not of the caliber of the bone-in ribeye. Get ready to spend some money, but to me, it is money better spent than spending $25 on a so-so meal that you could probably have made better yourself.

2 Thank kjandem
“Dining at Las Brisas”
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Read the reviews on TripAdvisor - so I thought we were prepared; however, I was still overcharged for the margarita I ordered in the dining room - even after pointing it out on the menu. Began with the crab cakes special appetizer - fair -wonder if they are from Sysco? Followed with salad (every sauce & dressing is VERY spicy hot) that was forgettable; then, served the porterhouse for 2; I told the waiter I read that your medium rare is more rare.....he agreed; so, we ordered it medium. Thank goodness I read Tripadvisor first! Potato & asparagus were NOT hot; Porterhouse was good but not excellent. Lubbock is a college town - expect college waiters - not professional, too silly friendly & too familiar. PLEASE, someone tell me: WHY when we order a $55 steak does a college kid working for tips say "excellent choice, my favorite".....like he's an expert!

3 Thank gaulegirl