“upscale dining at an affordable price”
Review of Melt - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Melt is one of the best restaraunts in Lubbock. Many places try to offer the type of food featured at Melt, but none comes close. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about what wines to pair with our meals which was very impressive. The food is not overpriced and is definatley worth trying. in my opinion is one of the best places in Lubbock.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

I just moved to Lubbock not too long ago and I've been out barhopping all over town. Most bars in Lubbock are pretty much college bars, but not Melt. It is one of the most classy and upscale bars/restaurant in town. The food is amazing. I recommend the bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, the sirloin, or the hamburger (which is the most amazing burger I've ever had). The bartenders and waitstaff are great not to mention hot too. My girlfriend's friends think the door guys are hot too, so there's something for the ladies to look at too.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

My husband and I went to Melt with another couple this weekend. Our table was back in a corner where the overhead light was out so we had to have them bring us three candles to even see the menu. Service was terrible, it took 40 minutes for our appetizer and another 30 minutes for our main meal which wasn't very hot. Our waitress was oblivious to how long it was taking for our meals, she wasn't rude or anything, just not attentive to our needs. The place really isn't a restaurant, more of a bar with an extended menu. None of us are smokers, so being there with people around us that were smoking in the next booth was miserable. Overall, not a good experience for dining. If you really feel the need to go, just go have a drink and leave...and walk over to Triple J's Chophouse if you want a great dinner and much better service.

2  Thank dtomar
Reviewed September 12, 2009

There aren't many places to turn to in Lubbock, Texas when looking for a place a little more classy than a bar, yet not overrun by the much older crowd. I'm 26 and just recently visited Melt for the first time. I was extremely pleased to find somewhere that serves more than just normal drink variety. Their martini selection is impressive to say the least, but once I finally picked one to try, I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is fun and refreshing. Can't wait to go back for more!

Reviewed September 9, 2009

I was visiting my friend in Lubbock and he said we just had to go to his favorite spot in the depot. When we walked in - I was shocked to see such an awesome place in Lubbock, TX. It looked like a place you would see in Dallas or Austin. The food was amazing and the martinis were out of this world! I suggest everyone try it out!