“Disappointing experience”

Torchy's Tacos
Ranked #8 of 587 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Lubbock, Texas
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I was excited to try this new restaurant, but the excitement quickly wore thin. Being the old fart that I am, I completely agree with a previous reviewer...the noise is almost unbearable.

Had the way over salted chicken taco and the way to mushy pulled pork tacos. Finished about 1/3 of each. Also had the chips and queso, of which I've made better with Velveeta and Rotel.

Hate to be so negative, but for 4 tacos, chips and queso, 1 beer, and 1 margarita it was $32. Guess you need to be a young person to enjoy the experience....I'll leave it to the hipsters.

3 Thank Lifeontheroad

Idalou, Texas
“What? I can't hear you!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

"Honey, let's go out to eat at a restaurant? What about that new place by Tech?" When we got there, the parking lot was not full, but the second we entered, the line was 30 people deep. So loud, we couldn't communicate. Concrete floors, tile wall, tin ceiling, loud music, people yelling cause of the loud music. You order at a counter (they were so busy the employees didn't look up and when I ask a question, she didn't like it. Get your own soft drinks unless you order something from the bar. Food was good and affordable, don't expect customer service the place is laid out so random that servers are constantly looking for the customer. (We ate fast). I expected mostly college students but found we weren't the only non-students in there. Not a sit down enjoy a meal place.

• Visited March 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Haven't had this much fun, this inexpensively in a looong time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

So delicious, so affordable, so unique, so inexpensive, so packed! My lunch group of 8 decided to venture to Torchy's during spring break while the Tech students were out of town but it made no difference at all. Packed full of people at 11:30 a.m. and they were still lined out the door when we left at 1 p.m. A wide variety of unique, taco combinations - with your choice of flour or corn tortillas - in the $3.50-$4.75 price range, plus beer or wine for only $2 more. My group raved about the fried avocado. My personal fave was The Independent with black beans, corn, portabella mushrooms, fresh avocado slices, grated carrots and jalapenos on a double corn tortilla. Too full to roll into a taco, I ate it with a fork until I was able to roll the remaining stuffing into the wonderful corn tortilla. Didn't even need a side of chips and salsa - although I noticed many tables had those. My personal advice? Ditch the line, grab a barstool and go straight to the bar. They take your order there, no waiting. It was noisy, crowded, and I can't wait to go back. (Maybe for breakfast migas the next time!)

• Visited March 2014