“Out of the way Steak”

Cagle Steaks
Ranked #57 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Don't get caught up in all the chain restaurants in Lubbock. On the edge of town is a unigue restaurant with look, feel and taste of the real west. Cagle Steaks cooks only ribeye cut steaks with their own seasoning, They are wonderful. Get all the sides too.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

When you approach the place it looks very unique, like part of an old West town, then once you go inside it's such a letdown. It almost looks like a big old cafeteria in side. Where's the character? With a big open room it was pretty loud inside and wasn't a real good place for our business dinner. We were lead to believe it was a pretty special restaurant to go to but I found the food to be very average. They have a salad bar there that was very average as well. Food portions were extremely generous, so you won't go away hungry. I guess I was just disappointed after seeing the unique location, unique setting, then to go inside and have an average meal was a let down. There are better places to choose in Lubbock where you'll find a better steak, but Cagle's is kind of a neat place to drive out to.

1  Thank Clarkecoln
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our first visit here was good. Came with friends who eat here occassionally. Our party of 6 was seated within 45 minutes on the night of a Tech afternoon football game. Enjoyed the bar while we waited. We had a very capable waitress. Good salads as well as the sides bar of cole slaw, pot salad, beans and cornbread. Reminded me of the old Joe Allen's in Abilene. All 6 had ribeyes and were pleased with size, taste and cooked as ordered. Looking forward to next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

In all my years of visiting Lubbock, I've missed this place. Too bad for me. Nice bar area to wait in. good salad. Wonderful ribeyes. Everyone in our party had ribeye, so I can't comment on anything else. Nice sides buffet of cole slaw, beans, cornbread and potato salad. Nice server. Will certainly be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not an enjoyable place for a meal. Steaks (ribeyes) are below average. I have had better ones at I-Hop. They are never cooked as ordered and are are usually not tender. The spice only helps because of the low quality steaks they serve. Really good steaks do not need all that spice.

2  Thank Texascowboy3600