“Casual and fun!”
Review of Mean Woman Grill - CLOSED

Mean Woman Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Reviewed August 20, 2014

There are no pretenses at the Mean Woman Grill. One big room, interesting original artwork on the walls, good service, and good food. They are known for having live music at lunch and dinner, no cover. We went to hear local John Sprott an accomplished musician. Too bad there was so much loud talk! Originally in Levelland and relocated to Lubbock. Miz Ayn, the owner, is also a talented singer.

They don't have a deep fryer, but no matter. You do have to specify if you want hot pie with cold ice cream! My husband got a very good Reuben but it had mayo instead of mustard. Just ask!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is one of my favorite places to go eat. It's ALWAYS good, the service is good, and they have live music at lunch and dinner. The burgers are great, never frozen, crispy crust, perfectly cooked patty. The Philly, club, and quesadillas are delicious also. They have many options but I struggle straying away from my favorites when I go there because when i do I crave them later in the day!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I pulled in to the restaurant cuz I loved the name. Now I know I have to come back to try the rest of the menu and hear the music. Would have preferred local jam homemade bread but the home fries were very good.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My two prior visits to Mean Woman had been at lunch on days when there were no live entertainers so I could only look at the empty stage and wonder how much better the experience could have been. Wonder no longer. This past Monday night, a group of girlfriends decided to do a BYOB wine happy hour at Mean Woman when Tina Turner and many others were performing. We arrived early, which allowed us to have a long chat with Miz Ayn before the entertainment began. She was truly interested in our group (most of whom had not been to Mean Woman), our interests, and even suggested some galleries and live entertainment in other locations in town. The whole place transformed when the live entertainment began, filling up the entire restaurant, with many people waiting "on deck." Miz Ayn was truly in her element when on stage in between sets, supporting the entertainers and interacting with the crowd. She, and Mean Woman Grill, truly are West Texas legends. As on prior visits, the burgers did not disappoint, but this was probably my best one to date because I was introduced to Ghost Pepper cheese, which I added to the Green Chili Cheeseburger. It's a unique experience for those who like it on the spicy side. I've noticed that the entertainment lineup of West Texas' best performers has only increased in the months since the place opened. Now, whether you are dining for breakfast, lunch or dinner you are likely to encounter at least one performer. Because it's BYOB and because there is no cover, Mean Woman may be the best all around entertainment value in town. Don't miss it.

1  Thank ru1390
Reviewed July 26, 2014

They've just started serving breakfast and we got there late so we were probably the last ones to be able order pancakes etc. My two daughters, who are picky eaters, loved their food. The patty sausage was tasty and the pancakes quite good. Food was pretty slow coming out though and the place was not even crowded. The waitress said they're still sorting out the breakfast menu and how best to make it work. Artwork is worth looking at too. Good taste!