“Good breakfast. Excellent service”
Review of Mean Woman Grill - CLOSED

Mean Woman Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good breakfast. Excellent service”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I pulled in to the restaurant cuz I loved the name. Now I know I have to come back to try the rest of the menu and hear the music. Would have preferred local jam homemade bread but the home fries were very good.

Lubbock, Texas
“Update: I've now truly experienced Mean Woman.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My two prior visits to Mean Woman had been at lunch on days when there were no live entertainers so I could only look at the empty stage and wonder how much better the experience could have been. Wonder no longer. This past Monday night, a group of girlfriends decided to do a BYOB wine happy hour at Mean Woman when Tina Turner and many others were performing. We arrived early, which allowed us to have a long chat with Miz Ayn before the entertainment began. She was truly interested in our group (most of whom had not been to Mean Woman), our interests, and even suggested some galleries and live entertainment in other locations in town. The whole place transformed when the live entertainment began, filling up the entire restaurant, with many people waiting "on deck." Miz Ayn was truly in her element when on stage in between sets, supporting the entertainers and interacting with the crowd. She, and Mean Woman Grill, truly are West Texas legends. As on prior visits, the burgers did not disappoint, but this was probably my best one to date because I was introduced to Ghost Pepper cheese, which I added to the Green Chili Cheeseburger. It's a unique experience for those who like it on the spicy side. I've noticed that the entertainment lineup of West Texas' best performers has only increased in the months since the place opened. Now, whether you are dining for breakfast, lunch or dinner you are likely to encounter at least one performer. Because it's BYOB and because there is no cover, Mean Woman may be the best all around entertainment value in town. Don't miss it.

1 Thank ru1390
“Late breakfast”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

They've just started serving breakfast and we got there late so we were probably the last ones to be able order pancakes etc. My two daughters, who are picky eaters, loved their food. The patty sausage was tasty and the pancakes quite good. Food was pretty slow coming out though and the place was not even crowded. The waitress said they're still sorting out the breakfast menu and how best to make it work. Artwork is worth looking at too. Good taste!

Lubbock, Texas
“Good burger, good service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My hubby and I had previously eaten at the Mean Woman Grill when it was located in Levelland, but hadn't eaten there since they moved to Lubbock. We went with friends who suggested it on a Friday evening as a good place for dinner before hitting the First Friday Art Trail. I ordered the Green Chile Cheeseburger and it was excellent! I like that they offer a smaller portion of most of the burgers and sandwiches. The smaller portion was plenty of food and I left feeling full and satisfied, but not stuffed. They often have live music in the dining area and it was pleasant the evening we were there. The waitress was attentive and knowledgeable and provided great service. It is also BYOB. I would definitely go back when wanting a good burger.

• Visited April 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Mean Woman has some Mean Burgers”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The burgers are some of the best I've ever had and I've had them everywhere I go. The mid-range price was not a killer, but no fries option was one of two negatives...the other was the small size of the burger. The size was just right for the ladies in my group, but I would have enjoyed a "larger version" a bit more. Flavor? just wonderful! I enjoyed myself and so did the room full of customers. We enjoyed live music on our Friday visit...I'll go back. Somewhat limited parking, but good service. Try their fresh, warm brownie topped with ice cream! Made me forget about missing the fries!

• Visited March 2014