“Crowded and staff is overwhelmed”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #411 of 591 Restaurants in Lubbock
Lubbock, Texas
“Crowded and staff is overwhelmed”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have loved Steak N Shake since we ate at our first one years ago. The one in Lubbock seems overwhelmed! The place is small and there seems to always be a wait. Our recent trip found my son's chicken strips rubbery and we could tell they'd been sitting for a while. They brought new ones. While our wait staff was very nice, it took long stretches to get him back to us for refills. The staff seemed completely overwhelmed. I noticed lots of customers complaining about the food not being right/cold/rubbery. While we were thrilled to see Steak N Shake come to Lubbock, I won't be recommending it to anyone.

1 Thank Becky B

“Steak 'n Shake”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just completed our second visit to this establishment. I must say I remain underwhelmed. The wait staff and the hostess are friendly. The place appears to be clean, but then it is new. There is ample care for the family setting. Kid packs are a great touch. Now for the underwhelming parts. The food prep and delivery takes forever. Then, upon arrival, it needs to be heated as it has cooled way to far. This is on a order for two. I can only imagine what an order for a party of four or more must be like. I think the food may be average or slightly better if delivered to the table while it is still hot. And don't make the mistake of ordering a shake to go unless you have lots of time to wait as the shakes, while tasty, take a very long time to arrive. This place is not high on my list of places to revisit soon.

“Fast Food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I thought with the super long lines and hour long wait that it might be something else, the food was good the price was competitive and the atmosphere was 50's diner.

Have been there a few times and will go back for a quick burger I'm sure but the staff (there are a lot of them) just seem lost and wonder around. We were there with me and my wife, two grandparents, three kids under 11 and two kids in high chairs and they were lost as how to work with our big family.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“The People Make the Difference”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Wanted to try the new Steak -N- Shake in Lubbock. Loved the one in Ft Pierce, FL. Arrived early dinner 6:15pm and had a short wait, but it was worth it as we had a very friendly, smiling server Kiyra. Ordered shakes and burgers, and two of the specialty fries. All the food was good and Kiyra checked on us several times. There was a waiting line behind us so if you want to try SnS, best to arrive around 5pm. Will come back!

• Visited May 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Long wait for blah food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had been waiting for all the grand opening hoopla to die down before trying this new restaurant. From the time I drove up, with only 2 cars in front of me, til the time I left was 24 min. Then I open my order when I get home to discover that they left off the cheese and bacon. Fries were not hot like they should have been after waiting so long. The milkshake was very runny. Save your money and your time and go to Whataburger. Better food, cooked to order, much faster and better tasting.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!