“Not the best...”

Saigon Cafe Too
Ranked #80 of 605 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Maybe I went on bad days, but my experiences at Saigon Cafe have not been good.
I have lived in LA, so I know good Vietnamese food. And Saigon Cafe does not qualify as that.
The ingredients were not fresh and the serving size was miniscule.

There are newer reviews for Saigon Cafe Too

Reviewed February 25, 2009

Since they are the only vietnamese in town thats still open, we don't have much choice. Decent, consistent food, cheap and usually pretty fast.
The hotpot and soups have way too much MSG, will keep u thirsty all night.
Fish claypot was decent, so was the beef and scallops.
Can't believe they have the audacity to serve what they call pho...not even close.
Been eating here for years, not alot of other choices.

1  Thank jjm556
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I live in Lubbock and this is probably one of the best restaurants in the area. Saigon Cafe has consistently fresh and tasty food. The restaurant itself is simple with some traditional Asian decor. More importantly, the place is clean and the service is great. I love this place. Frequent it at least once a week.

Reviewed April 12, 2008

We finally found a good restaurant in Lubbock! We moved here a few months ago from Dallas, and have been bitterly disapointed with almost every dining experience we have had so far...until now! If you are looking for GREAT FOOD and GOOD VALUE (entrees less than $6) this is a great choice. There were quite a few dirty tables and service was mediocre at best, but I am willing to overlook that for the sheer fact that we FINALLY had a decent meal! Plus, in a town thats brimming with chain restaurants with sonics and taco villas on every corner, it was refreshing to find a mom and pop type establishment.

2  Thank welleducatedtraveler
Reviewed March 14, 2008

Great food & good service. If you're wanting to branch out, def try this place. They have a picture menu, so get what looks good!

Been to Saigon Cafe Too? Share your experiences!