Super 8 Lubbock TX
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewspool areatexas techgreat customer servicedesk clerkneeded anythingwe've stayedstaff was very friendlygreat place to staysuper8motelelevatorratesfootballtx
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My previous visit to this facility was a little disappointing. It started off VERY bad. I had to go to three different rooms to find one in which the sofa bed worked.

This visit was MUCH better. I explained my experience to the manager when I checked in and asked him to make sure the room was prepared for occupancy. He did and the room was GREAT! Cory Carrell is an extremely competent manager. They will probably promote him out of his current job. It will most definitely be a good idea for the chain, but a HUGE loss for the patrons at the hotel he manages. Well done Cory. Thank you.

The lady that takes care of the breakfast room does a WONDERFUL job. Those are about the only two I had the opportunity to interact with.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments about the Super 8 on I-27 South in Lubbock, Texas.

We appreciate the time that our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. I am happy to hear that you that your stay was better this time his with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

We appreciate you choosing us,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My kids and I were at the tail end of a three-week driving trip when we got to Lubbock, and honestly, we expected this to be our least favorite of the many hotels we stayed at. (In my experience, it's difficult to find a decent hotel in Lubbock for less than $100-plus, and this was substantially under than that, leaving me wary of what I would find on arrival.) Yes, there are flaws: for one, the entire front parking lot was ripped up and a combination dust/lightning storm turned it into a gigantic muddy quagmire; for two, the sauna was out of order and sickly green. On the upside, everything else was terrific, from the unexpected pull-out couch in my two-queen room to the general cleanliness of the place to the friendly and helpful front-desk staff to the above-average breakfast serving area. The indoor pool was nice, too, and way larger than many other places we stayed. If there's a better bet for the thrifty traveler in Lubbock, I haven't found it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about the Super 8 on I-27 South in Lubbock, Texas.
We appreciate the positive comments and apologize about the weather and parking lot. We are in a process of re modeling our parking lot so we can provide more parking for our guests.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

We appreciate you choosing us,