“Excellent Value”

Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
CARBON
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just passing through Lubbock - great value - staff was excellent - breakfast was very good for a hotel breakfast - better than most others I have stayed at. Hotel was very clean - was concerned about the kids that were staying there - they were in the hall when we arrived but when we went into our room you could not hear them at all - try this hotel for a great value!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments about the Super8 on I-27 South in Lubbock, Texas. We appreciate the time that our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

Super 8 Lubbock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Leander
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have stayed at this Super 8 Hotel in Lubbock at least 6 times now and every time it has been great. The front desk staff are always friendly and extremely caring. This last time we stayed, the room keys would not work and it was a technical problem. The front desk clerk came up to the rooms and got us in with his master keys and was very kind about it all. We had been driving on motorcycles for 8 hours and were very tired. The rooms here are always clean and smell clean, not like some Super 8 hotels that smell like cigarette smoke even in the halls. This hotel is very clean and has great customer service. We will always stay here when passing through Lubbock and will continue to do so. Also, the AARP rate is wonderful!!

Room Tip: Highest floors have less noise from lower floor rooms with people walking around.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, September 30, 2012

Ifrane, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed here twice. It is nice, clean, with lots of space to stretch out, work, and relax. The mini fridge is nice and big. Be sure and get some bottled water because Lubbock tap water has lots of minerals in it and has a heavy taste.

Breakfast is pretty standard fare, but the room and service area is kept very clean. Kudos to the staff!

The only ding is that they replace towels everyday no matter what.

This is definitely a good deal for the price!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the most quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, September 29, 2012

Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

When I arrived on a late Wednesday night. I was immediatley greeted by the front desk clerk named Sasha. She was extremely helpful and very nice. would book again room was clean no noise wifi worked well

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, October 3, 2012

Super 8 Lubbock Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very clean rooms and great customer service! They all made my stay in Lubbock a very pleasant one! One of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time!! I highly recommend this hotel and I will be coming back soon!

• Stayed September 2012

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Super 8 was adequate for our purposes. We moved our daughter in at TTU. The hotel was fully booked. Stayed on the top floor. The room was fine save for a few things...the sofabed cushions had stains on them (I flipped them over for seating purposes) and the bed itself was not made...no sheets, no nothing. So we just shared the two Queens, no big deal. There wasn't an ice bucket and when I called the front they were out...both nights. I used the coffee pot for ice fill. We booked room for 3...and got 3 towels only. Women usually use two (1 for hair and 1 for body) so we had to go down and get 2 more and had to answer 20 questions to get those. Drinks from the machine are $2.00 each. The room chilled nicely and was spacious enough for us to unload both vehicles overnight before move in. Free WI-FI. Breakfast was so so. Cold boiled eggs were the protein offered and they have make your Texas shaped belgian waffles, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, grab and go fruit, bagels, pastries, coffee and juice. We are going back for family weekend and I had already booked Super 8 for that, prior to this trip, however, I am looking at other options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MichTinney
Thank you for your comments about the Super8 in Lubbock, Texas. All of your concerns are being addressed with my staff. I take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I appreciate you staying with us.

Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had read that the walls are thin and the rooms on the top floor most quiet, so I requested a room on the top. That would have been excellent if it was not necessary to go from the room to my car several times. The single elevator was slow and busy, and the stairs inconveniently located at the end of the building (essentially a fire escape dumping out onto the back side of the building. Also, the power for the entire city of Lubbock went out the nice I was there. Had to take the stairs down to get barest of the situation. The A/C did not chill as well as one might like, and the internet connection was tediously sluggish. Other than that, it was a fine stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo