“Best Super 8 I have ever stayed in.”
Review of Super 8 Lubbock TX

Super 8 Lubbock TX
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I am a business traveler. This is just about the only Super 8 hotel I stay in anymore. Very nice for the money. I always look forward to coming to Lubbock because the rooms are so comfortable, quiet and spacious. Wireless can be flakey at times, but I carry a network cable in my computer bag and all ia good!

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed February 9, 2011

We arrived in the evening with a flight from Dallas. The Super 8 was easy to find. The neighborhood is nothing special. The hotel looks new. The room was specious and the beds were comfortable. The only negative thing was that the pillows were very small and hard like a rock and I personally like soft pillows. The breakfast was the normal continental breakfast, nothing special but good enough to start your day. I would recommend the hotel to everyone for a short stay. You get a good room for the price you are paying

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I've stayed here twice for work and have been pleasantly surprised both time. The room was exceptionally clean and the front desk was real nice. The room was nice and spacious too. The only issue I had was that the comforter felt odd, kinda hard to describe, but like to smooth so I ended sleeping without it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed here on our road trip to Santa Fe. It is a typical Super 8 - horrid bedspread, dark room, dark carpet, cramped bathroom, but CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP! It has paper thin walls and good luck getting any good rest at night. The only good thing about this one is the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ABPinDALLAS
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Our extended family meets in a different city each year for Thanksgiving. I choose the city based on distance from all of the attendees, pick a hotel and a restaurant and we meet. I chose this Super 8, based on it's #7 ranking of the 49 hotels in Lubbock. I "defended" my choice of a Super 8 to the family, as we have never gone "economy" before, then I prayed it would live up to its rank online. I have to say the hotel and staff EXCEEDED in every way! Family members could not get over: #1. The friendliest, most accomodating evening desk clerk we have EVER encountered, Ricky. #2: The size, decor and cleanliness of the rooms, especially at the price we got them! #3: The better than average continental breakfast including a waffle station! #4: The most helpful day desk clerk, Chrystal, that we have ever encountered. This is our 11th year to get at least 12, sometimes up to 20 of us together, and I have to say this hotel experience ranks right at the top!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

we stayed at the new super 8 lubbock in sept 2010 for a family wedding...we stayed from a thursday to monday and had a great time...very impressed with the king room...had a small fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and small sofa along with a very nice shower with granite surround...staff was friendly and housekeeping came to the room to ask what we needed....breakfast was great and i liked that the breakfast room was separate...you don't have to eat in the front lobby like other value hotels...although we did not use them...there was a heated pool, hottub and sauna (all working) and a small gym with a tv...we were too busy with family stuff to use these and do not have small children....very quiet and room was very clean...front lobby very pretty...the only thing i have to say that is negative is that the wireless internet did not work very well...i informed the front desk and i have to say that they did offer me an ethernet cable but i declined so they did make an attempt...and they printed out our boarding passes when asked...overall, great stay and we plan to stay there again in the future when we go back to visit family in lubbock!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I had a very negative experience at this Super 8. When we first walked in, we were pleasantly surprised--the facility is fairly new and the lobby was very nice for a Super 8. When we walked up to the front desk, however, the attendant did not acknowledge our presence until we started talking, and even then she stared at us with attitude and kept asking "What?" to our questions as if we were unintelligible. We found out later that many customers have complained about this particular young woman.

When we arrived at our room, which was a corner unit on the second floor, we were pleased to find a relatively large space with granite (or granite-like) counters--upon closer inspection, however, it was clear that the Super 8 staff have not been maintaining the space: the sofa was askew and covered in gross white stains, the carpet felt gritty (we wore sandals after our first experience), there was hair on the bathroom floor, and the sheets on one bed did not look clean. The air-con unit was confusing, and when we called down to the front desk for assistance, the attendant said she would come right up and...never came up. When we ventured downstairs a few minutes later after figuring out the unit ourselves, she looked at us and looked very confused/hostile when we noted that we had taken care of the A/C.

We had been planning on getting some work done through the Wifi, but quickly found out that it wasn't working. There were two "Super 8" networks, and the front desk insisted that as long as we connected to the weaker signal, we could get internet. We couldn't even see the second network from our room on the second floor, and the other network was completely broken. When we wandered downstairs to use the business center computers--laptops in-hand--the front desk snarkily asked, "Don't you realize that you can get wifi with your laptops anywhere in the hotel?" Uhm, no, we can't. Even better, the internet in the business center was also broken--we couldn't even acquire an IP address. Bottom line: don't count on wireless access or ANY internet access at this hotel.

When we checked out, the front desk attendant, Marcos, was MUCH nicer and was quick to apologize for all the problems we'd experienced. He explained that a lightning storm had caused problems with the internet, but after looking at the other reviews of this hotel on TripAdvisor, it's clear that the internet problems are much more endemic. We described the rudeness of the night attendant, and Marcos noted that they had received "many complaints" about that young lady--but clearly Super 8 does not care enough to replace her. Then came a negative cap on our experience--Marcos said that he would have liked to reduce our room rate because of our negative experiences, but since we had prepaid for our room through Expedia, he had no way of doing so.

Bottom line: our stay was cheap at only $77 for the night, but next time I would absolutely spend $20 more to get a comfortable room somewhere else. It's really a shame that the staff have not kept up what could have been a noteworthy, inexpensive property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple