“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Del Rio
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

A really good, clean place to stay. The price was right and check in was fast and easy. Easy to get to and the indoor pool was just right. The room was clean and comfortable with a flat screen tv, referigiator, and microwave. I will stay there the next time I'm in town.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear mbills0714,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review about our Quality Inn & Suites, here in Lubbock, Texas. It is such a pleasure to read that you found our hotel a good and clean place to stay. Also happy to read that you were able to use our indoor heated pool and hot tub. We look forward to your next visit. Take care until then.
Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2014

After my last visit from a Quality Inn, I was a little skeptical about staying in another one. My daughter attends Texas Tech and I will start staying here from now on! It's easy to get to and the location is perfect for visiting the campus as well as getting around to other locations in Lubbock. It seems like it is one of the newer Quality Inns. The hotel was nice and clean, had helpful and friendly staff, and was a pleasant experience for us.

The breakfast was the usual fare but the service was exceptional. There was an employee that cooked your waffles and pancakes for you and brought it to your table. I loved it!

If there was a downside, the internet isn't very good. I was only there for one night so it didn't present too much of a problem.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Khristystrange,
I am so glad you decided to give the brand another try; and I am ecstatic that you were able to find us here at the Quality Inn & Suites in Lubbock, Texas. I am happy to read that we have another Red Raider to add to our Texas Tech family. I am glad that you found that we are in an excellent location, the hotel was nice and clean and our staff was very helpful and friendly. We cannot wait until you stay with us again. Guns up!!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here 3 times in the last year and have never been disappointed. Michelle always remembers us and is so happy and has excellent suggestions for restaurants or activities to do. The rooms have always been spotless and the staff are always extremely helpful. Love this place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kim H.,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Quality Inn & Suites here in Lubbock, Texas. I am so glad that you have stayed with us for the last couple of times while in Lubbock. I am so blessed to have Michelle; she is really all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE. I am happy that your rooms were spotless and that my staff was always extremely helpful. I hope that you will keep coming back to us. Until then, take care.
Kansas
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family and I stayed for three nights this past week/end while in town for a wedding. I am fairly picky about hotels and typically stay in higher level chains (like Hyatt, Sheraton, etc.) when given the choice. But I was VERY impressed and I must say a little surprised at how much I enjoyed my stay here. The staff are some of the most accommodating and friendliest folks I have ever encountered. Particularly Joe and his wife, who went out of their way every single morning to greet us and make our morning that much better. Both of these individuals are take pride in their job and are just those genuinely happy people whose attitude in infectious!

We had a large group of family members present and the staff went out of their way to pull tables together for us every morning at breakfast, prepare us Texas shaped waffles and do whatever they could to make us more comfortable. Our group could get a bit loud since we were having a great time visiting and laughing and the staff would engage us and laugh right along with us!

The rooms were extremely clean and the beds and pillows were super comfy! The location was quiet and the A/C nice and cold. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on those, but I would absolutely stay here again - even given the choice of Hyatt or Sheraton. This Quality Inn location is definitely doing it right when it comes to hospitality! I just hope these great folks are recognized for their efforts!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Midwest Girl 79,
WOW!!! Thank you, thank you, and thank you for all your wonderful comments about our hotel. We are so glad that your family found us and decided to stay with us while you were in town for the wedding. We really did have fun taking care of all of you while in Lubbock, Texas. We may not be one of those five star hotels, but we do really believe in giving all our guests the FIVE STAR treatment. Thank you for your comments about Joe and Carla, we are really blessed to have both of them; they are all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE. We hope that whenever you are in Lubbock, Texas, we can have the pleasure of you and your family’s company again, and maybe next time you can enjoy a swim in our heated indoor hot tub and pool. Until we see ya’ll again, take care.
Amarillo
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was good and hot. Decent variety of things to choose from at breakfast. We had no problems checking into our room. Room and bathroom were clean and larger than expected. I will stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Donka79106,
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to read that our staff was nice and friendly, and you had a good and hot breakfast. It is always such a pleasure to read that you room was larger than expected, I am glad it was to your liking. Please come back soon and stay with us again, until then, take care.
“Great
Canadian, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I booked this stay 4 days in advance by calling the hotel directly, and visiting with Landon. I requested a Non-Smoking King on the opposite side of the interstate, and Landon further recommended a room on the top floor, as opposed to the 2nd floor (to avoid overhead noises from rooms above). He provided our room number #323, and I was e-mailed a reservation confirmation.

At check-in, my husband and I were assigned a room on the 2nd floor. Landon was at the Front Desk, and when I questioned why we weren't assigned #323, he informed me that the rooms on the 3rd floor had just been cleaned, and they were not available...???? Oh, well, it was late and I was too tired to argue, so we loaded up our luggage, and entered our room, only to discover it was a Double Queen room!

So, we head back to the front desk, explain that we had a reservation for a King. Landon stated that they were all out of Kings for the night. I produced my printed reservation confirmation once again, and he acknowledged that yes, we did have a confirmation for a King, and not sure what the mix-up was, but repeated that no Kings were available. We were not pleased, and he could tell by our reaction. Landon offered to move us to a "Jacuzzi Suite" with a King at no additional rate. Fantastic!

Although I was assured upon booking that this hotel is 100% non-smoking, I smelled cigarette smoke by the main floor elevators (which is located near the common bathrooms). When I questioned Landon, he assured me the rooms are all non-smoking. That was a relief as I didn't detect any cigarette odor in our room. However, I am extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, so that was another negative first reaction to this hotel.

The Jacuzzi Suite was more of a Handicap-Accessible room, rather than any Suite I've seen; however, we did enjoy soaking in the Jacuzzi in spite of the fact that the bathroom was very poorly designed, i.e., insufficient counter space surrounding the SINGLE sink, not enough slope in the handicap shower to prevent tons of water all over the floor, etc. The design was probably to accommodate a wheelchair, but we were puzzled as to how a person with disabilities would manage to utilize the Jacuzzi tub as no lifts or other special devices were installed near the tub?

Landon was very kind to us, though, and we truly appreciated him going the extra step in accommodating our King bed request!

The complimentary breakfast was nice, and made especially pleasant due to the friendly man who staffed the breakfast items. He was very chipper, efficient in replacing items, and even happily fetched more 2% milk upon my request.

This hotel has easy access on and off the interstate, and is very close to the new Cabela's and Costco stores!

P.S. As a Red Raider alum, I'll probably stay here again during football season - We've Got our Guns UP!! We love you, Kliff!!!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the interstate and on the 3rd floor to avoid overhead noises!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Jacksthename,
Thank you so much for all your kind words about our hotel and our Guest Service Representative Landon, he really is one amazing guy and will do whatever it takes to make a guest happy. At times we do try to accommodate to all special requests. I do apologize that we had carpet cleaning the night of your stay. The good thing Landon was able to handle everything as best that he could, give the situation. We hope that you do come back and stay with us. Until then, take care.
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night, and then again the following Tuesday. Both stays were great. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast staff was attentive and ready to prepare a waffle or pancakes for you. The pool and hot tub were refreshing and had plenty of clean towels. We were greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies and fresh popcorn on the Tuesday night stay. The front desk staff was very helpful providing directions to places we needed for supplies or eating...one even gave me her card and number and told me to call if we got lost. This hotel is conveniently located right off Loop 289. If I ever travel to Lubbock again, this will be the hotel I choose!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear S Carson03,
Thank you for such excellent words on our Quality Inn & Suites, here in Lubbock, Texas. I am so happy that you found my staff friendly & helpful; we are all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE. I always feel so good when I see replies like yours, we love that everything went so well for you. I am happy that you enjoyed our freshly baked delicious chocolate chip cookies and our hot popcorn. You can always call Michelle; anytime that you need anything, we will always be here for you and your family. Please take care until we see you again.