“Better than home!”

Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Clovis, New Mexico
“Better than home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We make frequent trips to Lubbock. We have stayed in numerous hotels. Because of disappointing stays elsewhere, the only place we will stay is Quality Inn & Suites. The staff is warm, friendly and helpful. The rooms are always meticulously cleaned. Plenty of good parking spaces are always available. The breakfast!!! Sausage, eggs, waffles, cold cereals, bagels, pastries, juice, coffee and plenty of tea for my husband and I. They always make us feel welcome and part of their family. Kudos to Carla, Joe, Michele and all the staff for taking their jobs seriously and doing them so well! You are a 10 star hotel in our book! We appreciate you

Room Tip: Convenient to Sams Club, Target, Cracker Barrel and Rosas Restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
First of all thank you so much for taking time and filling out your wonderful comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It’s nice to hear that we feel better than home. I am so glad that you frequently come to Lubbock and always stay here with us. We really appreciate guests like you and your family. We always try to make everyone’s experience with us, a fun, family experience . I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful hot breakfast. I am so blessed to have Carla, Joe, Michelle and the rest of our wonderful staff. Thank you once again, we appreciate you all and hope to see you soon.
Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

First we were greeted by a very nice gentlemen at night at the front counter. Can't remember his name but I know he was attending Texas Tech. Then we had the pleasure of eating breakfast with Joe. He was the nicest guy you would ever want to meet very respectful and always finding some way to make you feel at home. Also Michell at the front desk in the am was so pleasant and the manager of the hotel was a very nice guy too. The whole staff even the cleaning. Lady on the third floor was awesome. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2013
Mr. H,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Here at the Quality Inn & Suites, we are here to please. Parth, the gentleman that checked you in, is a great employee and a good student. It’s is always delightful to hear that you were able to enjoy our delectable breakfast. Joe does have a great way with our guests, I am so glad that he was here during your stay. Michelle is also a great asset to our company as well. She is what service and hospitality is all about. I was also so glad to be able to meet you during your stay. On behalf of my entire staff, from front desk to the cleaning ladies, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. We are so happy that you made us your CHOICE when you came through Lubbock and please be safe during your travels.
Denver City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Price was great and the staff was even better!
We stayed there before my three year old granddaughter had a medical procedure done. We asked if we could check out a little later than normal and they bent over backwards to accommodate us. Clean, friendly and a wonderful price! We will be staying there again when she has to go back to surgery.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ms. B,
Thank you so much for staying here at the Quality Inn & Suites in Lubbock, Texas. I am so happy that you and your family did get a great rate and that my staff was good to you all. I am also glad that you were allowed a later check out due to your granddaughter's medical issue. It is always a pleasure to have such great guests and also nice to know that you will be staying here when she comes back for surgery. Once again, thank you so much and be safe until we see you again.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Texas Tech's graduation weekend. It's a very good hotel for the price. We stayed in a king suite. Very clean, spacious room. The bathroom was very clean and towels were plentiful. Although it was graduation weekend, it was not loud at all. Free, hot breakfast is provided. It is typical free hotel breakfast but not bad. Check in and check out were easy and quick.

Dear Ms. Z,
Thank you so much for staying with us this past weekend. I hope that you and your family really enjoyed the weekend and the graduation. I am happy to hear that your King Suite was clean and spacious. I was really surprised as well that Texas Tech’s graduation weekend was not too noisy or loud. We were sold out and you would think that it would be loud, but lucky for us, we have such wonderful guests such as you and your family. I was happy to hear that you did stop and eat our hot delicious breakfast. I'm happy that two of my staff members, Jennifer and Michelle, were there to check you in and out quickly. I hope that you coming for graduation won’t be the last time you come out to our Quality Inn & Suites h ere in Lubbock. Please take care and hope to see you and your family again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I returned home a few days ago after another stay at Quality Inn and have to say that it just keeps getting better. Owing to a problem with the aircraft coming in to Lubbock late I had called the hotel to advise of an early morning arrival.
The pleasant young man that checked me in at 2-30 am told me that I was expectede and could I use a coffee after the travelling, he also handed me 2 packs of toothpaste and a new brush saying that as my bags were missing he thought that I might need them, next I was handed a paper bag containg 2 bottles of water, some chocolate, crackers and cheese, again the young man thought that owing to the long journey, maybe I could use the refreshment to take to my room.
I have never experienced this at any other hotel where I have stayed, the following morning was time to meet up with the day staff that I remembered from my previous visit including a number of the housekeeping staff that also recognised me.
Carla made sure that I had a good breakfast as I had to go back out to the airport to collect my rental car and bags. While waiting at the front desk I noticed a new popcorn maker and of course there was a batch of freshly made cookies, in case you had room left after breakfast!
After returning from the airport I was delighted to relax away the stress of my journey in the hot tub which I can certainly recommend!
I stayed for 2 weeks and have to say that I do not ever recall being so well looked after in a hotel, the room was as clean as always, plenty of clean towels and soap, shampoo etc, the housekeeping staff worked around me in servicing my room while I went to breakfast.
Michelle handed me a DVD player just in case I had any free time to watch movies.
What comes across well is that all of the staff are extremely pleasant and happy in their work, nothing seems to be to much trouble.
I throughly enjoyed my visit, no wonder I noticed on the wall behind the fromt desk yet another Platinum Award for this current year................they certainly try hard to earn it at this hotel
I hope to be making another visit in September, no question as to where I will be staying..........Quality Inn & Suites, Lubbock.

Room Tip: Some find a little noise from the loop although it does not seem to bother me but if you ask for a r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Chris,
Thank you once again for coming back to us. I’m really glad to hear that your stays keep getting better and better. Zach, who checked you in that morning, was also anticipating your arrival. We have so many happy stories and memories of your visits, that he was excited to finally meet you. I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant flight and loss of your luggage and I’m glad we were here to help. Here at the Quality Inn & Suites, we value our guests, so if at any time you need something, or have forgotten to pack any toiletries, we have it here at the front desk. I am so glad that you, being an Elite Choice Privilege member, were recognized by Zach and given your welcome gift.
I am also delighted to hear that you were able to see Carla the next morning and get to talk with her and catch up on everything that has been happening in your life. Yes, we have added a little more for not only our Elite guests, but our regular guests as well. We have freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and hot delicious popcorn. I am so glad to hear that Michelle lent you once of our DVD players to use in your room, I understand that being here for 2 weeks, you may have needed some quiet movie time. Once again thank you so much for returning all the way from the UK and making us your CHOICE hotel. See you again in September.
Dan.
Buda, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We went for move out weekend at Tech and amazingly enough it was not crowded at all. I do think that if there were lots of people it would be loud as the floors seemed thin and it was easy to hear people above you. That being said this place was super clean and the staff was fantastic especially for the price we paid. The breakfast was your standard "free" fare so no complaints there. The room were in was huge including the bathroom. Way larger than you normally see at this price. The hotel is next to the highway so there is some road noise.

So, the bottom line is that it is a clean and affordable place to stay. I am sure we'll be back. If you go ask for a room on the top floor and get one that is odd numbered since they are opposite the busy road.

Stayed May 2013
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for spending your TECH move out weekend with us. We get guests that move students in and out all the time, so times it does get a little crazy, and I’m glad that you picked a good weekend. I delighted to hear that our hotel was super clean. I agree my staff is very, very friendly because they love working with our guests. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. I really do hope that you get to stay with us soon. Thank you so much.
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We took a weekend family trip from Midland to Lubbock on May 3rd and 4th, 2013. We couldn't have been happier with our stay at this hotel! Great staff, very clean room, wonderful indoor pool, and the complimentary breakfast is great! Our children loved the Texas shaped waffles and all of the choices each morning. Even though the hotel was full both nights, noise was never a problem and we were always the only ones swimming at the great indoor pool. This hotel is really great and we will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Ms. B,
Thank you so much for brining your family out to see us from Midland, Texas. I am so glad to hear that your stay here was a happy one. My staff is always so happy when we get such wonderful guests such as you and your family. I am delighted to hear that your room was clean, the pool was wonderful and that you and your family were able to enjoy our wonderful full hot breakfast. Those TEXAS shaped waffles are a big hit, not only with the kids, but with people from other states as well. We can get a little busy on the weekends, but I am really glad that you were able to stay with us. It's really a nice thing when you get to have the whole pool and jacuzzi all to yourselves. Please take care and come back and see us real soon.