“Keep the linens, ditch the towels, get decent coffee!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
San Antonio, Texas
“Keep the linens, ditch the towels, get decent coffee!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I wound up at the Quality Inn unexpectedly and was pleasantly surprised. It was very new, spotless, and well-appointed. The staff was pleasant and accommodating.

As advertised, the QI had excellent bedding: sheets, comforters, pillows, all soft and luxuriant. The mattress was great. Why then, did they skimp so badly on the towels? Thin, not exactly white anymore, and were much better for exfoliating than drying. Ouch. Were these relics imported from some other site?

My other complaint: breakfast. People, you need to provide coffee that does what coffee is supposed to do. The stuff you serve is weak, tasteless, and completely unsatisfying. I know that the stuff in the rooms is lousy -- that's why I never drink it -- but in your breakfast buffet you need something that's better than dishwater.

And the powdered eggs -- really? Exactly what color would you call them?

But I had a great night's sleep, so that pretty much trumped the wake-up disappointments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Deb S
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised about our hotel. I believe that our hotel has one of the friendliest staff in lubbock. Everyone here enjoys their job and passes that happiness on to our guests.
I am so sorry to hear about some problems with our hotel. We here at the Quality inn & Suites, always try and strive for perfection. We will take your comment seriously and we will improve from it. Thank you so much. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Midland, TX
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at Quality Inn for one night on 8/25 to attend a wedding in Lubbock. All of the wedding party was staying at another really nice, more contemporary hotel. We chose not to stay at the other hotel with the wedding party because I had read some reviews on trip advisor about theft amongst the cleaning staff and the quality of the hotel in recent months wasn't as great as it should be for the price. So, needless to say, we chose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites instead. Although, Quality Inn was about 7 miles from the rest of the wedding party, we felt like it was worth the drive for the lesser price and because the hotel is fairly new and well-kept according to trip advisor reviews. Indeed, the hotel is well-kept, the front desk staff is friendly, and the hotel is very quiet. Unfortunately, after leaving the hotel the following day and returning home to Midland, we realized we had left a bag of brand new white t-shirts (5 out of 6 as my fiance did wear one) on the chair in the room we stayed in. When we called asking about the shirts, we were told nothing was turned into lost and found or reported as left in the room. Although we are not "attached" to these shirts, we did spend $25 on them the day before (as a panic purchase to wear to the wedding) from the Target around the corner. It's just ironic that we chose to not stay at the other hotel with the wedding party due to theft or dishonesty amongst the cleaning staff when that's exactly what we encountered at Quality Inn. It really is unfortunate because otherwise I would've given this Quality Inn a good review. (And just to be clear, we are 100% sure we left the shirts in the hotel room as we brought them in after we returned from the wedding so we could put them in the suitcase to bring home. However, we had also brought food back to the room and in a hurry to eat, set the shirts down in the chair instead of the suitcase.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmyD983
We really appreciate your comments about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you decided to stay with us. I am also glad that the front desk was very friendly, hotel was very quiet and you enjoyed your stay. What I am not happy about and truly sorry for is that you had to experience such an unfortunate situation. I have looked into the matter and want you to know that we at the Quality inn & Suites do not take these matter lightly. We have had the same loyal and trustworthy housekeeping staff for a very long time. We have looked everywhere for your shirts, but still have not found it. Please accept my deepest apology about the situation. We really do hope that you decide to stay with us in the near future.
Foster City, California
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We needed a large room to accommodate six people and we were going to be arriving late in the evening with early am departure, so we didn't want to spend a lot of money and could not use much in the way of hotel amenities. The Quality Inn and Suites in Austin gave us exactly what we needed, and it was very conveniently located on our travel route, so we did not have to go out of our way. The hotel was pretty new, and very clean. Nice large room and great, friendly staff. Would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marc C
Thank you for your nice comments. We were so glad that you were able to take advantage of one of our largest rooms, the double queen suite. Thank you for your comments and hope that you do come back and stay with us again in the future and be able to use some of our nice hotel amenities, such as our beautiful indoor pool and Jacuzzi. See you soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a wonderful one night stay here. Very helpful staff. There was a business center where you could use the internet for free. I needed to check flights, so that helped me a lot. I loved the sign there which said, Use it for business purpose only, and do not play internet games and keep other people waiting.
Breakfast was included, with lots of cooked items.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mina P
I am so glad that you had a wonderful one night stay with us. My staff loves helping all guests. I am happy that they were there to serve you. We pride ourselves on our business center because it is located in such a lovely place in our hotel, overlooking our 1st floor lobby. I am glad that you enjoyed our wonderful hot breakfast. Once again thank you for staying with us and come see us again real soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was a very nice place to stay?? the staff made you feel at home from housekeeping, kitchen help and the front desk... and breakfast was great the staff was amazing...I will stay there again.. and another thing I enjoyed the pool very nice and clean...:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Norma G
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad to hear that all my staff are so welcoming and friendly. I am also glad that you did take advantage of our wonderful hot breakfast and our relaxing indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Thank you again. See you soon.

Austin, TX
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room and bathroom in this hotel were really nice. The staff were very pleasant. I am always
puzzled, however, at why a facility like this does not do a regular repair punch-out list to correct obvious aesthetic deficiencies. The first thing I noticed on the way to the room was the bashed-in, return-air grill on the first floor in the hallway on the way to the elevator and then the very dirty carpet in the elevator itself. I was not optimistic until I reached our room and found it extremely well decorated and, thus, very comfortable for our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter S
First of all thank you very much for staying with us. I am so glad that my staff was very pleasant during your stay and happy to hear that once you reached your room you were extremely pleased and had a comfortable stay. We have taken you comments seriously and have fixed our aesthetic deficiencies. Thank you again. We hope to see you soon in near future.

Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

THIS HOTEL WAS EASY TO GET TO. It was very clean and new. The staff was very good. A great place to stay. Close to shopping and food. We ate at the Rock Fish Grill which was very good. The food staff and the food was good. Free USA Today. Great large screen TV. Free wireless internet. Make sure you get the cookies when you check in they go fast.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. I think any room would be good as it is not right on the highway