“Nice hotel but unfortunate situation”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Midland, TX
“Nice hotel but unfortunate situation”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at Quality Inn for one night on 8/25 to attend a wedding in Lubbock. All of the wedding party was staying at another really nice, more contemporary hotel. We chose not to stay at the other hotel with the wedding party because I had read some reviews on trip advisor about theft amongst the cleaning staff and the quality of the hotel in recent months wasn't as great as it should be for the price. So, needless to say, we chose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites instead. Although, Quality Inn was about 7 miles from the rest of the wedding party, we felt like it was worth the drive for the lesser price and because the hotel is fairly new and well-kept according to trip advisor reviews. Indeed, the hotel is well-kept, the front desk staff is friendly, and the hotel is very quiet. Unfortunately, after leaving the hotel the following day and returning home to Midland, we realized we had left a bag of brand new white t-shirts (5 out of 6 as my fiance did wear one) on the chair in the room we stayed in. When we called asking about the shirts, we were told nothing was turned into lost and found or reported as left in the room. Although we are not "attached" to these shirts, we did spend $25 on them the day before (as a panic purchase to wear to the wedding) from the Target around the corner. It's just ironic that we chose to not stay at the other hotel with the wedding party due to theft or dishonesty amongst the cleaning staff when that's exactly what we encountered at Quality Inn. It really is unfortunate because otherwise I would've given this Quality Inn a good review. (And just to be clear, we are 100% sure we left the shirts in the hotel room as we brought them in after we returned from the wedding so we could put them in the suitcase to bring home. However, we had also brought food back to the room and in a hurry to eat, set the shirts down in the chair instead of the suitcase.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmyD983
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We really appreciate your comments about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you decided to stay with us. I am also glad that the front desk was very friendly, hotel was very quiet and you enjoyed your stay. What I am not happy about and truly sorry for is that you had to experience such an unfortunate situation. I have looked into the matter and want you to know that we at the Quality inn & Suites do not take these matter lightly. We have had the same loyal and trustworthy housekeeping staff for a very long time. We have looked everywhere for your shirts, but still have not found it. Please accept my deepest apology about the situation. We really do hope that you decide to stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Foster City, California
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We needed a large room to accommodate six people and we were going to be arriving late in the evening with early am departure, so we didn't want to spend a lot of money and could not use much in the way of hotel amenities. The Quality Inn and Suites in Austin gave us exactly what we needed, and it was very conveniently located on our travel route, so we did not have to go out of our way. The hotel was pretty new, and very clean. Nice large room and great, friendly staff. Would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marc C
Thank you for your nice comments. We were so glad that you were able to take advantage of one of our largest rooms, the double queen suite. Thank you for your comments and hope that you do come back and stay with us again in the future and be able to use some of our nice hotel amenities, such as our beautiful indoor pool and Jacuzzi. See you soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a wonderful one night stay here. Very helpful staff. There was a business center where you could use the internet for free. I needed to check flights, so that helped me a lot. I loved the sign there which said, Use it for business purpose only, and do not play internet games and keep other people waiting.
Breakfast was included, with lots of cooked items.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mina P
I am so glad that you had a wonderful one night stay with us. My staff loves helping all guests. I am happy that they were there to serve you. We pride ourselves on our business center because it is located in such a lovely place in our hotel, overlooking our 1st floor lobby. I am glad that you enjoyed our wonderful hot breakfast. Once again thank you for staying with us and come see us again real soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was a very nice place to stay?? the staff made you feel at home from housekeeping, kitchen help and the front desk... and breakfast was great the staff was amazing...I will stay there again.. and another thing I enjoyed the pool very nice and clean...:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Norma G
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad to hear that all my staff are so welcoming and friendly. I am also glad that you did take advantage of our wonderful hot breakfast and our relaxing indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Thank you again. See you soon.

Austin, TX
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room and bathroom in this hotel were really nice. The staff were very pleasant. I am always
puzzled, however, at why a facility like this does not do a regular repair punch-out list to correct obvious aesthetic deficiencies. The first thing I noticed on the way to the room was the bashed-in, return-air grill on the first floor in the hallway on the way to the elevator and then the very dirty carpet in the elevator itself. I was not optimistic until I reached our room and found it extremely well decorated and, thus, very comfortable for our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter S
First of all thank you very much for staying with us. I am so glad that my staff was very pleasant during your stay and happy to hear that once you reached your room you were extremely pleased and had a comfortable stay. We have taken you comments seriously and have fixed our aesthetic deficiencies. Thank you again. We hope to see you soon in near future.

Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

THIS HOTEL WAS EASY TO GET TO. It was very clean and new. The staff was very good. A great place to stay. Close to shopping and food. We ate at the Rock Fish Grill which was very good. The food staff and the food was good. Free USA Today. Great large screen TV. Free wireless internet. Make sure you get the cookies when you check in they go fast.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. I think any room would be good as it is not right on the highway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jerrylowrey
Thank you so much for staying with us. Your comments were really nice and I am glad my staff was so accomodating. Yes, our location has great access to all the restaurants and shopping, since we are located so close to both of our major highways(West loop 289 and Marsha sharp Freeway.) Our food staff Carla and Joe enjoy their jobs and everyone that they serve. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of all that we have to offer, especially our delicious hot freshly baked chocalate chip cookies. We hope to see you again real soon, maybe even on your way back from Colorado.

Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff at this hotel truly went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, and help us through a very tough ordeal. On tour with my wife's band, the SUV towing the band's gear broke down, leaving us stranded in Lubbock 1 day into a 3 week tour! The staff allowed us 2 extra hours to checkout, and after that, let us move our stuff into their breakfast serving area, and hang out for a couple more hours, giving us the time we needed to arrange back-up transportation for the band and their trailer. Then, the manager, Dan, understanding the magnitude of our unplanned expenses, hooked me up with a great rate while I waited for the SUV to be fixed. The breakfast is probably the best complimentary hotel breakfast I've had, and the coffee was quite good, even though I'm a bit of a coffee snob. :) Rooms are clean and comfortable, and the amenities seemed nice, even though I only used the washer/dryer, and business center. All in all, a VERY bright spot in an otherwise gloomy start to the tour! Thanks so much y'all!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mj03cobra
Thank you so much for wonderfull comments; I'm so sorry to hear that the tour started out on such a sour note. I am glad to hear that we were able to help you out, we believe if any of our guest have any problems, we will always work around obstacles to help them out in any way possible, and in this case it was giving you a little extra time. Yes our breakfast is, one of the best full hot breakfasts around. Hope that rest of the tour (Meagan Tubb and the Shady People) goes as planned and please stop back on your way back to Austin Texas.