“2nd Time - Shame On Me!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North
Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here in 2011 and had a bad experience. The manager responded with an explanation, so we decided to try it again last night. What a mistake! It seems they had another leak on the ground floor as the ceiling tiles were removed and a ladder was blocking the hallway. This didn't bother me though as I did not plan to stay in the hallway. We got to our room and we're greeted by same soiled carpet that we saw 3 years ago. The room was hot and the AC was not very effective. The phone kept ringing, but there was no one on the line. We told the front desk and he said that maintainable had already been notified. No problem, I just unplugged the phones. The recliner in the room came equipped with stains also. Fine. I put a sheet over the recliner. After listening to the sound of rushing water in the pipes all night accompanied by the sound of barking dogs, we got up in the morning and realized that the toilet would not flush solid waste. This was the final straw. We told the front desk clerk all of the above as we checked out (2 days early). He was kind and sympathetic, but happily charged us the full rate anyway.

Room Tip: Move on to another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cm1998
Michelle T, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Cm1998,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate the shortfalls you experienced during your recent stay. As of August 1 the hotel will be under new management. We work hard to provide a great experience for our guests and cleanliness and customer service is our focus. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to offering a better experience on your next visit - third time is the charm.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a great stay at this LaQuinta. The staff was great and had a positive attitude. This would be a hotel of choice again. The rooms were clean, the internet was fast and the bed was comfortable. The area was clean and safe and about 10 minutes from shopping eating, etc. Lubbock Heart Hospital and North Star are very close-by which makes this hotel an ideal location for those facilities.

Yes, parts of the hotel could use updating but when I made the reservations, it was for 1 night. I never expected the stay to extend to 7 days. Edith was very helpful in making the necessary arrangements during a hectic civic calendar. Renee was pleasant and kept the breakfast area supplied with plenty of food. Ashley does a good job. She could use a little help from corporate to complete her updating mission.

There are some items that need attention: Additional housekeeping comes to mind first. Management should not be forced into room cleaning duties.

I returned to this facility two weeks later and found upgrades in full swing.

Room Tip: It's very quiet in the west wing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank retiree1986

retiree1986,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent stay. We were happy to see we would be the hotel of choice on your next trip to Lubbock. Edith, Renee and Ashley were delighted to hear they were mentioned in your review. As of August 1 the hotel will be under new management. We look forward to your return visit and experiencing our award winning service.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm surprised by the very critical reviews of this hotel. While it's nothing special, it thought it was a good choice for quick access to locations in N and W Lubbock, and not bad for downtown and the University.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Philip D

Philip D,

Thank you very much for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. As of August 1 the hotel will be under new management. We work hard to provide a great experience for our guests and cleanliness and customer service is our focus. We do hope to have the opportunity to Wow you on your next trip to Lubbock.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

There was dust all over, including the light fixtures. packed! The bathroom floor was not cleaned between nights we stayed. The Lobby attendant was not courteous or efficient. No personality! I would not recommend this chain. Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying. I'm a gold military reward member with La Quinta. Me and my family have been on a cross country trip for the last 10 days starting off in Clarksville TN. We only stay at La Quinta , because the service, and pet accommodation is the best. Until we checked into the Lubbock North La Quinta. I had reserved the room over a week ago for two doubles with a roll away. When I checked in, finaly after waiting for the one person behind the counter "Chelsea" yo help the ten other people waiting in line. She informed me it would be no problem and the roll away would be bought to my room. About 5 minutes later she calls my room and tells me due to fire code we will not be getting a roll away? So I went downstairs to resolve the problem. Chelsea then informed there was nothing I could do except sleep on the floor, when I told her I was going to leave this establishment she said o well, I returned to my room to find a roll a way posted outside my door. I assumed she changed her mind so I took it inside. Chelsea calls me again, thus time she tells me I took her roll away from outside her office, I told her I wanted to speak with the manager and she told me the manager would be here in the morning. Chelsea then told me she needed the rollaway that was out side my door, I told her to come and get it then she hung up on me. Like I said worst hotel ever. I hope Lubbock north does not treat all of there customers like this, expecially miltary Veterans! We are only passing thru Texas to see family in Temple, but I would steer clear of this hotel. The nasty dirty bed linens were just the topper of the night. I was afraid to call down to the front, after seeing other reviews, this hotel needs help!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GeersFamily
Reviewed June 23, 2014

• The room we were assigned was in one word disgusting. All the tops of the desks and tables were dirty. • The sheets on the bed were torn/worn. • The floor in the bathroom was dirty. • When we opened the sleeper bed, the sheets were still on it, and there were crumbs everywhere. • When we pulled the bed ruffle down from where it was tucked under the mattress we saw that it was stained. • We had three guests and only two wash cloths. Poorly maintained grounds: 1. All of the garbage cans were overflowing 95% of the time. Garage was stacked next to the cans. 2. Hallway carpets not vacuumed and were stained. Walls and moldings were coated with accumulated dirt, dust and stains 3. The gardens were untrimmed and poorly maintained 4. The outdoor furniture was dirty and unmaintained 5. The grounds around all the side doors were littered with ants, garbage, garden debris and cigarette butts 6. All of the side entrance doors were stained and dirty; it looked as though they hadn’t been washed in years

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Cynthia N
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This property is mostly clean and very spacious, no argument with check in, price or such. When I removed the decorative bed coverlet, though, discovered king bed was made up with a white quilted mattress cover (between the coverlet and the top sheet, as if to be used as a blanket)....ugh! I removed it and reported to front desk when I had to call to get the wireless passcode which wasn't provided. They expressed disbelief and offered a blanket, but not much concern; I was told to speak with manager in the morning. I think I will, as the floor of our room was--- if vacuumed at all---done carelessly. The dog found a cellophane wrapper and a water bottle cap within seconds, then proceeded to hoover up bits of gravelly, brown, crunchiness (dog food?) in the carpet. Hallway carpet was similarly peppered with detritus. But the AC's cold and all's quiet and the wifi works (once you know the passcode) and nothing smells bad and we are tired. Such are the vagaries of LQ. Be forewarned: this is on the suburban isolated fringe of town amid med centers, apts and little else. Some fast food up the road, but we had to drive some distance into central Lubbock for a decent meal.

Room Tip: New wing rooms seem to be better and only two floors as opposed to three in older section
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple