“not bad but”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is dated but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The WiFi worked good, as did the air conditioning. Very important to me. The bathroom is very small. We had two double beds in our from, with a table and two chairs. Hubby liked the TV. Decorations were OK but I care less about the color of curtains and more about comfortable beds. Beds were comfortable, with nice sheets. Yes I would stay here again if in area, but might look for something a little nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Renee S

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Let me start by saying this is my first (and now only) experience with La Quinta. We have reservations for Oct 4. On October 3rd, my daughter got very sick and we decided not to spend the night at this hotel. We made the decision and I tried calling this location directly. I called numerous times. Each time I called rang endlessly, would go through recorded system endlessly, or a young girl would answer and immediately I would be put on hold for 5-7 minutes (at which point I would get frustrated and hang up). After over an hour of trying, I gave up and dialed the main phone number. When I called, I was informed that I was 2 hours late in cancelling the reservation so I was therefore going to be charged $150 for a room that I'm not using. I am all for charging if I don't show up...but when I cancel 22 hours in advance, I shouldn't be charged!!! This is the reason I will be sticking with Hampton Inn!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed September 26, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I made a reservation at another La Quinta un expectantly in town. I called this location and they were extremely helpful in getting my reservation changed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was spacious and to my surprise had a mini refrigerator & microwave. The bed was reasonably comfortable with nice plush pillows. My only issue was that you had to put your hip to the door to get it opened and the tub drained really slow. Good variety for breakfast including plenty of fresh fruit. There is an indoor pool and nice workout area. Close to shopping and restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tenisheat2016
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Driving up was impressed by the building. Check in was fast, friendly and professional. But the room was a disappointing surprise. Bathroom counters were built for a different size room, and was poorly maintained, plus NO toilet lid. The 2 door closet had 2 different and non complimentary knobs. LaQuinta prides itself for its mattresses, this property can not do that. The 2 build lamp on the bed side table had no light bulbs, when I went to he desk, the clerk was way. I ptiently waited for her return and politely stated the problem. She looked down and said she looked for some the other day and could find none. My reply was that it was poor housekeeping that a mid would miss such a thing. The clerk promised to have the bulbs replaced tomorrow, but I am only staying 1 night, so requested a 10% discount. She told me that I could discuss it with her manager tomorrow. My reply was customer service would deem it her responsibility. Another thing is they still use bedspreads that are prohibited by health departments in most jurisdictions. Very disappointed in the shoddy and shabby hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family