“Great for travelling with families”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed March 30, 2012

As a guest with 4 young kids the hotel staff was very accomodating to my needs. The rooms were not very large (we needed more "living" space, a table to eat around in the room would have been nice). Never heard any of my neighbors through the walls and the hotel was packed. The breakfast was adequate and a treat for our budget. We were close to the school, museums and restaurants. The hotel was clean and well maintained. My kids loved the pool and the front desk gave great directions and even let me borrow a ruler for my daughter to finish her homework. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Dead cockroach in the bathroom, grime in the corners, ratty bath towels, dirty carpet in the room and halls--not a very good stay. Needs a good overall cleaning. The baseboards are dirty and the toilet was rusty and not very clean. I was disappointed and paid over $100 for the night. Friendly clerk when checking out but everything else was substandard.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed here because of the location.
Positives, the staff from the front desk to the housekeepers were very nice.
Lobby is nice too, warm cookies in the afternoon, very good. Negatives, bed linen was itchy & uncomfortable, veneer on some furniture peeling, toiletries/soap motel 6 level, dirty Kleenex found behind bedside table, crunchy carpet in room. Also the breakfast buffet was pure Carbs & we had to eat breakfast somewhere else.

This is almost a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012

Highly recommend

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chessiepony
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This location is great. The rooms are spacious and newly remodeled, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is hot and delicious.
Great place to stay for getting around Lubbock, TX!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rmp0731
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Having a daughter who attends Texas Tech we have the opportunity to visit Lubbock upon occasion. We always stay at the La Quinta on Auburn Street. It is well kept and clean. The staff is friendly, helpful and professional. (When my husband lost his comb and realized it when he needed to comb his hair as we were walking out the door in the morning they were able to provide him with a complimentary comb at the front desk.) There is a nice selection at breakfast, especially if you are in a hurry and want to grab something quick to get to where you are going. It is in a quiet part of town which we really appreciated. All in all, we are never disappointed when we stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mary P
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I moved to Lubbock in late September to start a new job and my company arranged for me to check into the La Quinta on Auburn Street. I always get a little nervous in situations like this because since it's not my dime, if I wind up in a less than stellar situation I'm kind of stuck.

I couldn't be more pleased with my accommodations. I was a guest at the La Quinta for approximately six weeks. They put me in a very nice room in the new wing. The room had a sitting area, a great desk, wonderful flat screen television, roomy bathroom, nice closet and lots of dresser drawers. Most importantly when I checked in the room was very clean, and the bathroom spotless. Definitely more than I expected from a La Quinta.

I found the hotel to be generally quiet, except for the weekends. Especially Saturday Nights when the Red Raiders were playing. There was more of a hustle and bustle, people coming and going and a little more noise in the halls. That said it wasn't obtrusive, or at a level that would make me recommend someone choose another hotel.

I enjoyed the bed as well. I normally don't sleep well in hotels, but once I settled in I enjoyed the bed and bedding very much. That's one thing I judge a hotel by....and the sheets and linens were always very clean.

As for the complimentary breakfast...it was somewhat middle of the road. They have the do it yourself waffles, a couple types of cereal, bread, pastries, some fruit, milk, juice, coffee and a few other things. Not as much as some other places I've stayed, but I always enjoyed it. It was fine for a Saturday and Sunday mornings. (I didn't eat weekdays, since I had to be at work by 5AM!)

One of the other nice things about the room was there was a mini fridge and a microwave in the room. With such a long stay it was nice to be able to heat up some things like soup, restaurant leftovers and keep some things like lunch meat in the fridge.

It doesn't look like there's a lot by the hotel, but that's because it's on the Loop on the outskirts of the town. There are plenty of dining options nearby on 4th street and just a couple of miles away on the Loop. Frankly, you can get most anywhere in Lubbock in minutes on the Loop, so location isn't a problem in my book.

Finally, I really liked the staff. Everyone from the maids to the front desk people were courteous, friendly and helpful.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Lubbock area!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business