“Faux French fast food”

La Madeleine
Ranked #74 of 613 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: French
Reviewed May 17, 2014

It says a lot when you go to a "restaurant" at 7 p.m. on a Saturday night, and it's not crowded.
The dinner entrees tasted like microwave TV dinners.
The pastries and desserts were okay, but extremely expensive. The teenage-ish staff seemed bored and not into their work.

I had been to a La Madeline in the metroplex and really liked it. But this one just seemed pre-fab, like a themed French deli at Disneyworld or something.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We had chicken La Madeline & a sandwich, and loved the bread & jam. They were out of rice to go with the chicken dish. Seems odd at the dinner hour. The pastry case was full of their delicious deserts. So happy La Madeline is in Lubbock!

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This location is similar to others throughout Texas. The employees I met were very polite and helpful. It was extremely busy and I felt customers weren't very nice to other customers. Wifi wasn't working which was a shame considering the type of demographic they want to attract. The deserts are a bit overpriced but they are hand crafted and taste very good. Even with kid menu's I didn't feel like it was very kid friendly. By the time I left the line was out the door so get there before the lunch rush.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

First trip to La Madeleine...I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was, I came away disappointed. I had heard so many people talk excitedly about their opening, so maybe I just mentally built it up so much, who knows.

Felt fast food'ish by having to order at the counter and my omelette was skimpy on the filling, lacked seasoning, and was expensive for what I received. Additionally, they were out of what I originally ordered (Eggs Benedict).

On the plus side, the croissant and coffee was flavorful.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This truly will be a 'hit' for Lubbock,

We went there today, second day open.

Food was excellent. Service was excellent.