“This is just a place to sleep and thats it, your not getting anything else but that.”

Guesthouse Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #59 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I would like to have a complimentary breakfast in the morning, like other hotels do; unlike this one. They don't really put an effort to satisfy you in your needs. They charge 5$ for a wifi password which is ridiculous. Not a good place to stay for more than 4 days. Only recommend it if your staying one or two nights. Other than that I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hotel was clean with a nice homey touch. Beds had quilts and the room was large. I liked Lucy the love bird in the lobby. Free breakfast and a nice lobby with books. I was displeased with a staff member. She was grumpy. I requested a cab (I had a presentation to make at a designated time) and she never called me to tell me they weren't coming. I sat in the lobby waiting patiently and finally asked if it had been ordered (the girl who was supposed to order it had left). I was told the cabs were "too busy and would't be there for long past my presentation. Fortunately, we called and were able to get a taxi readily. When I asked if they were busy, the cab driver assured us that they had been slow all morning. I suspect it was the girl's surly attitude that prompted the dispatcher to not send one. Two other women who worked behind the desk were professional and kind. It's a good hotel at a moderate price. Just watch the bark of one staff member. I understand she had a tough night, but customer service is always appropriate.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Skye6049
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make us comfortable. The hotel is being remodeled; it will be great. We have been coming to Lubbock for a long time, and our doctor's office is just across the street. Even so, we didn't know this place was here until a friend told us about it. Now, we will back. Thank you for offering a medical rate. Quiet neighborhood in the heart of the medical district, close to the university and good restaurants. Great find!

Room Tip: We wil be back.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 72pist0l
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. Location of hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCHUMBLE
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Centrally located just blocks away from major hospitals, Texas Tech, restaurants and the freeway. Easy in and out with some covered parking. Property is relatively small & older but has been well maintained and updated. Lobby is bright and cheery with lots of information, menus, newspapers etc. to peruse. Employees were very helpful. Our room was extremely clean and had basic necessities (even brand name soap!) along with double beds, small MW , refrigerator, desk & chairs.
Breakfasts are buffet style with multiple choices (one morning was breakfast burritos, french toast, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt & juices etc). My ONLY small negative would be the coffee service which was one of those push-button deals tasting very "instant" but at least a brewer was in the room. Interestingly, guests are welcome to use the kitchen area at other times to prepare their own meals which would be a real assett for those folks staying here any length of time which appears to be a target niche of this property.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GeorgeTX
Reviewed February 1, 2010

This is a great hotel to stay in, I have stayed there several times. The new staff is
always very helpful and friendly. It is like stopping to stay with family. I always meet
sweet people there, that have family in the hospital that is so close by. There is a great
park close by, that is fun to walk around when you need to get outside.
I stay in Lubbock because it is half way on the drive to see my daughter. The Guest
House Inn is a welcome stop and a great resting place for me and my little dog.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank bnew625
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Mine was not a pleasure trip as I had my mother in the hospital there. The Guesthouse is two blocks from the hospital and it is like home away from home. The rooms were very clean - microwave, refrigerators, and really comfortable beds. It is so convenient to the hospital and to restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business