“Get away nighty”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #22 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our one night stay was nice. We took the day off so we could shop and dine out in Lubbock, Texas. We don't live far away from Lubbock but it was nice to get way for a day. We'll do it again and stay at Best Western again. gsm

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank gsmurillo

Reviewed May 20, 2013

As with any place, things may start to show wear and aging. I'm hoping this Best Western will start to enhance some of it's 'product' as not to lose future guest, as it is great and a good value. I/and other family members have stayed at this location multiple times as it has all the amenities and the staff is kind and helpful when needed. Upon my last stay, items of concern were addressed, as I could see some change needed in the property or some things were beginning to 'show'. Management addressed the same needs and they were concentrating on them. However, nothing severe, but small items may become big ones. Overall I will say or rate this location 'good' as the stay was good for the value. It's placed off the side of 2 highways, which makes it great to jump on to go where needed easily.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bw_lubbock, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Suwg8531

We want to thank you for the positive review and happy that you like stay with are hotel. I am happy you are seeing the changes that we made.

Thanks,
Shiva Management

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Lately, Best Western has been on a promotional blitz - and no wonder. From the highway, this place looks like a good choice for an overnight stay - it is not. The pot-hole ridden parking lot should have been an indication of what to expect inside. First: The inattentive and uninterested front desk clerk; he was not rude but it was a very close second place to rude. The lobby had the overall impression of being clean, but it was not, nor was the elevator lobby, the elevator and guest room corridors. I had asked for a room away from the ice machine, my room was next door to the ice machine room (on the upper floor which was mostly unoccupied). The guest room was much like the corridors and the lobby, not too clean, but new-ish looking. After unpacking and hanging my shirts, I noticed that there was no hand towel at the sink. There was no bath towels, no hand towels, no wash cloth, no bath mat (there was toilet paper). A call to the front desk and he said, "I will find you some towels, come down to the front desk and I will give you some". There was no offer to send a houseman up to the room with towels and an apology. I gave him about 20 minutes, and when I showed up, he then stopped his computer activity and went to some remote location for a few minutes and re-appeared with a stack of linens - similar the 3 to 4 other persons I saw in the lobby with stacks of towels. After a full day of work the following day, I returned to my room - there had been no service - dirty towels, un-made bed, trash in the basket, no coffee packet for the next morning. I asked for some coffee at the front desk, only to interrupt the same clerk from his computer (games?). The breakfast room was spacious, and similarly unkempt as the other areas of the hotel. The serving area was cramped and the food presentation was un-inviting. Even the newspapers were days old.

It is difficult to garner return business with service such as the "hotel" has. I am not going back there, and it appeared that other guests were having similar experiences. WHAT A MESS. BW - Spend money to train your franchisees in hotel management, then you will not need to do near as much promotion.

3  Thank Si3Austin

Si3Austin,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Everything that you have told us we are looking in to resolve. Please accept our apologies. I have met with the staff in regards to your comments, we are working to find new ways to ensure a comfortable experience for all of our guests now and in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at 44563@hotel.bestwestern.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Best Western used to be one of the nicest places to stay, well, not any more. I could have had a better stay for the price at Hotel "6"! Start with check in, we waited until 3:40 to attempt to check in (check is was 3:00). The room wasn't ready, I was told it was because, "...we were full up last night and they are just running behind". So we kill another hour and return. It was "ready" as they said however, I requested a king room with ADA accommodations with the ADA parking as close as possible. My husband is disabled and I have to do all the moving things in and out. The room was two halls away from the ADA parking spot, it had hand rails yes but a tub that was horrible for him to get in and out of. The room was dirty, from the carpet to the hairs found in the bathroom and even on the sheets. There was a queen size mattress cover on the king size bed, making it lumpy to sleep on. As for amenities the only ones were soap and shampoo. I will NOT be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liea J
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Room carpet was dirty, refrigerator was missing, and large crack between door and door jam. Asked for a four hour extended stay because of late doctor appointment and they charged us for another full day even when we offered to pay something extra. Have stayed there a couple of years ago -- and the hotel has gone down hill very quickly since then.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clay B
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It is evident that this hotel is under poor management. Everywhere you look, there are smudges on walls and floors and dirt/dust at carpet edge and corners. Room had not been cleaned upon check-in. Used towel hanging on restroom door, toilet dirty, only one washcloth with holes, no tissue, floor dirty, faucet/vanity dirty, refrigerator was broken, carpet bulging, torn and unclean. Maintenance on exterior of building is terrible - broken light fixtures, weeds, damaged items. The only positive thing was Sandra, the breakfast attendant. She went out of her way to serve breakfast to us when we missed it by a few minutes. She's terrific - a real people person - should be managing the hotel! A manager was at front desk when we checked out and never said a word to us when he heard our complaints. This hotel needs serious assessment.

Room Tip: Would not recommend staying here.