“The pictures are very outdated. I will always check reviews from now on!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Roswell, New Mexico
“The pictures are very outdated. I will always check reviews from now on!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The parking lot is in terrible shape!!!! Monster potholes and disrepair!! The floors in the lobby and the room look like they never get vacuumed. The beds (two Queens) were just thrown together, my 8 year old does a better job than that. The skirt looked to be at least 1 size too big for the mattresses and I don't think the sheets were clean. They had, no joke, red and yellow stains on one of them and the other looked like it had been slept in a few times by a construction worker after a long hot day and not been changed. The shower spray was a hit and miss with all the build up. No refrigerator. Tube tv. Broken Ice machine on first floor, wet ice on second floor, had to go to the third floor for frozen ice.The toilet had urine build up on the side...so you know it had not been cleaned in a while. The A/C sounded like construction machinery. The door lock to our room didn't work right and we were told to just wiggle it up and down which did work after wiggling about 3 minutes and the outside entry door didn't even require a key. People were just walking in and out so we tried it and nope, no key needed. I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Go to a different Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nina J
bw_lubbock, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks for all your incite we take all these reviews to train our staff better and it helps us find things that are need to be fix or replaced. We are looking at the door looks for outside and for the rooms for everyone's security. With the TV's we have our new ones coming in any day know and will be in the rooms shortly. Thanks Kenneth Branch General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tularosa, New Mexico
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Grounds are negelcted. First room I think I've Ever been that didn't have notepad and pen! Sheets on one bed (of 2 Queens) didn't appear fresh. No refregirator in room. As other reviewers mention, carpet not clean. Elevator reeked of bleach. Staff was nice. Breakfast Lady is a Jewel. Room with 2 queen beds had 4 towels, 2 handtowels and 1 facecloth.
All that, the Rudest part of the stay was being jarred awake by the Fire Alarm well before dawn. It continued to blare for some minutes. It was a Flase Alarm. It was never to my knowledge appoligized for. No bottled water available.
I won't return.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeannie N
bw_lubbock, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review. I do apologize for the problems that you had when you stayed with us. We are always happy to get feed back from our guest to help resolve the problem. With the fire alarm it was not a false alarm and I do apologize that someone told you it was a false alarm. Thanks for the feed back about your room this will give us get things to help teach housekeeping to look for. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me Thanks Kenneth Branch General Manager, Phone: 806-799-9999 Ext. 503 Email: 44563@hotel.bestwestern.com

Travelers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our first room was dirty, we were immediately moved to a new room with no problems. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This hotel is rapidly going downhill. The toilets are stained, the carpet is dirty, there is visible dirt along the hallways and dirt trails leading out of some of the rooms. The amount of visible dirt in the hallways and along the walls in the rooms leaves you feeling unsettled. If I can see all this in 5 minutes, what dirt am I not seeing? The Sauna does not work, the Jacuzzi pumps don't work, the pool; however, was great!! Perfect temperature. It looks like such a pretty, nice hotel, but unfortunately they desperately need new vacuums!! And maybe a little hardwater stain remover for the toilets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HeatherR417
Andrews, Texas, Usa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The first room I checked into was not clean, but staff was great. They had me in a new room in no time; which was an upgrade from the original for no extra charge. Like the location of the hotel. Easy access to the highways, shopping, and eating spots.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was spacious and the beds were okay. Breakfast was minimal but way too crowded to move around. The staff that listened to our complaints were sympathetic but couldn't could only say that they would tell the manager.

We were a volleyball team with multiple reservations. One family arrived at 9 p.m. and couldn't check in until 10 p.m. because the room wasn't cleaned yet! Advertised check in is 3 p.m.

The next day we all left about 7:30 a.m. and got back to the room about 10:00 p.m. that night. At least 3 of us found that our rooms had not been cleaned all day! When I asked for clean towels at the front desk all he could find was one clean bath towel and a very small pool towel. He said they were the only clean towels in the whole hotel. The night before there were no towels at the swimming pool.

I went back upstairs and found that we were out of toilet paper too. Since getting the towel had taken forever, I went searching for toilet paper on my own -- found a storeroom by the ice machine that was open so got my own toilet paper. When I got back to my room, I tried to warm up the carry-out food we had brought back and found that the microwave was broken.

I had complained that night to the front desk clerk. I complained again the next morning when we checked out. Both times I asked for a reduction in the price of the room for the lack of cleaning, clean towels, broken microwave, etc. The two desk clerks were very nice but said the manager was the only one who could help me and of course, he wasn't there. They took my name and phone number to give to the "manager". I haven't heard a word. If by chance I ever do hear from him I will update this review.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels??? or go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mugzy25
bw_lubbock, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I do apologize for everything with spring break we had been very busy and with the amount of Kids swimming in the pool and people requesting extra towels we had gone through over 400 towels in one night and those are extra towels. We apologized to several guest and made it up to them with late check out with other offers to make up for the room not being ready. I am still going to call to speak with you.