“Great Facility”

Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
Colorado Springs
“Great Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently stayed during a multiple day trip and the facility is top notch. The morning breakfast was enjoyable they had a nice balance of carbs and fruits. The rooms were extremely large and made having a family with us not feel cramped. The pool was a welcome break. The only issue I can come up with, is they have older model tube TV's and the volume either seemed to be too low or too high (okay I am reaching). Otherwise this place is well worth the cost and we will be back.

Room Tip: I preferred the first floor with my younger kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Yes, that pool is definitely a welcome break, especially during this August heat! So happy to hear that you and your family felt welcome and relaxed. Thanks for the fantastic review, and come back and see us next time you're in Lubbock!

Rob Meyer, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

In July I stayed at the Arbor Inn on my way to and from a long, isolated, primitive camping trip to New Mexico. It was such a pleasure to have a clean, cool, comfortable room. I especially liked the bed, pillows, and bedding - reminded me of Europe, and was such a good sleep. The breakfast was varied and balanced and fresh. Even the TV was updated and the remote control clean (one of my germ pet peeves). Your staff was pleasant and your manager efficient and professional. The location was a bit hard to find originally but was worth the effort. I wish I'd had time to jump into that lovely pool.I will indeed stop by again when traveling from and to Austin. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Your kind words about our hotel and staff are much appreciated, Ramona! It sounds like you had a rough & tough few days beforehand, so I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with some much needed comfort. We'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town or on your way through!

Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here with out of town with family during Tech's Graduation Weekend in May. We had a King Suite, Double Queen and King Bedroom. The King Suite was large enough for the entire family to get together without feeling cramped.Our family from out of state were pleasantly surprised at the size and quality of their room. Parking was not a problem the whole time there. The only downside was that the pool was not opened(it opens Memorial Day weekend-and they advertise it) and that the rates go up during special events(they are not as high as others and without a three day minimum). I highly recommend Arbor Inn for your next stay in Lubbock.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ghs72
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thanks for the high recommendations! We'd love to have you back next time you're in Lubbock.

Regards,
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our second time staying at Arbor Inn. We had the king suite both times. I think it is a very good value for a suite though it had increased about $20.00 a night since our visit two years ago. I especially enjoy the balconies the king suites have. It is also a nice touch for women to have a make-up mirror and stool in the bathroom. Very nice rooms! We also found it very quiet for a hotel!

The only weakness in our opinion is the breakfast. Even for a continental breakfast, it is a little weak. It would help to have eggs or even some donuts or sweet rolls. Also need to kerp hot food hot-my husband tried the biscuits and gravy and they were stone cold. HOWEVER, the lackluster breakfast is made up for, in my opinion, by the homemade cookies, lemonade, tea and bottled water offered in the afternoon!

Overall, great stay. The pool area and the rooms are beautiful. We stayed on the fourth of July.

Room Tip: If you like to sit out on a balcony, choose a king suite and second or third floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaykay0955
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
It was great to have you back! Glad to see that you and your husband still loved our rooms, but we wish that our breakfast had left you with a better impression. Not to worry—we'll definitely keep your feedback in mind for the future! Until then, thanks for the kind words. Come back and see us next time you're in town!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Arbor Inn. I choose to come back based on a very favorable experience a year ago and the fact that the Arbor Inn is pet friendly.

My room was spacious and included a small kitchenette and refrigerator. Coffee service was supplied in the room; a definite plus. While one might consider the Arbor Inn a "budget type" hotel, I would classify it as "premium budget". Complimentary breakfast is served in the lobby area and the choice of foods is much more expansive than many similar styled properties.

The hotel is conveniently located off of the loop in Lubbock in a decent area and within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. My only complaint was that the audio quality on the TV was poor.

The pool area if quite attractive. Check in was very efficient and extraordinarily friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TripTex
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for visiting us again! We couldn't be happier to hear how much you've enjoyed staying with us, and that you've had everything you needed here in Lubbock. We can't wait to have you back!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The only hotel I use in Lubbock. Everything is well done there. Absolutely never any drama. They take care of business!!! The beds are very comfortable with fresh white linens. The bathroom is nice and big with a separate water closet. The staff is very friendly and often have guest get to gathers with free food. Just love this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks for making us your home-away-from-home here in Lubbock, and for sharing your kind words! We look forward to having you back again.

Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family of 21 stayed at the Arbor Inn & Suites for Tech graduation May 17-19, 2013. The rooms were spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and included a nice variety. Most impressive was the front desk staff. They were friendly, professional and very hospitable. They did everything to make sure our family was comfortable. I especially appreciate the professional business center as it had everything we needed to print work materials. I am a flight attendant and will recommend this hotel to my passengers!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kelly G
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Glad we could exceed your expectations, Kelly! It's so rewarding to receive your high praises, especially from someone with as much travel experience as you! We hope you had a relaxing stay and great celebration with your graduate. See you next time you're in Lubbock!