“Terrible experience. Owner is a very rude man. Had difficulty with a refund. Stay away.”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on 4-10-13. The hotel had both of our cards on file. When checking out, I personally told the owner not to charge my card and to charge my girlfriend's work card instead. He said that he would not charge my card. He had previously told my girlfriend the same thing. Turns out he did charge my card, and he charged my girlfriend's card for the same night.

I called and spoke to the owner to get the situation straightened out. The owner was unbelievably rude, insulting, and condescending. I explained that he had charged my card after telling me to my face that he wouldn't, and he responded that "I don't even know that I talked to you." He told me that it was "impossible" that he double charged us without making inquiry into the problem. He told me that I should sue him instead of offering the type of assistance that a normal business owner would typically give to his customers. He made several disparaging remarks to me and essentially called me a liar. He did claim to refund my card (it remains to be seen if that will happen), but then he proceeded to charge my girlfriend's card again. Betting that we'll have to get all of this sorted out with the card companies.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to support this jerk's business. The place is nice enough, that's true. But don't expect any service if anything gets complicated. Best to stay away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Hal N
RemrockLubbock_Texas, Owner at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

This forum is designed to RATE hotels not BERATE their staff and management; Since you have used this forum for personal attacks against me, please let me respond. Once again let me explain to you it is impossible to charge the same room twice. We DID charge your card on April 11, 2013. You signed for it at check out acknowledging the charge. On April 29, 2013 at approximately 10 AM your girlfriend's assistant called and explained that she wanted to put the charge onto her card. At that time we refunded your card and charged her card. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME HER CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED FOR THIS STAY. You then called at approximately 4 PM on the same day upset about the charge on your card. I tried in various ways to explain to you that we had already refunded your card and charged your girlfriend's card. I told you to expect to see the credit within 48 hours. You seemed adamant that we had charged both credit cards, yours and hers but this was not the case. I can prove all the claims in my above statement. That is why I thought the court room was the best place to proceed, and just so happens you're an attorney. But since you did not have any proof to support your claims you opted to slander my character and tried to hurt my business. According to the first amendment you have the right to your opinion. I was happy to see your girlfriend did not share your opinion of me since she stayed here just last week.

Rob Meyer

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The room is large and very clean, towels are large enough so that you only need one, not like some places. The staff is very helpful and breakfast is ample. I have a little trouble getting to the Arbor Inn, but maybe I should put more trust in the GPS.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Bill,

It is incredibly rewarding to hear that you have always felt at home with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words. Let us know next time you're headed our way—we'll be happy to help with directions!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of service received from the staff and Rob (Owner).
The rooms are spacious with ceiling fans. There is a varity of food available during breakfast. I liked the 24/7 complimentary cold bottles of water. I enjoyed ending my day with Chocolate chip cookies, lemonade, and/or tea every evening.

The Arbor Inn & Suites is in a nice and safe location to jog/walk before and/or after work.

Room Tip: Request the 2nd or 3rd floor over-looking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J K
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

It's always nice to have a sweet treat in the afternoon! We're glad to hear that you've always felt at home with us. Thank you for sharing your kind words. We'll see you next time you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We love to stay at Arbor Inn, it is like seeing extended family, we are ALWAYS greeted warmly by the whole staff and the owners too. The rooms are spacious, especially the suites (which we always pick). There is COLD water for guests and in the evening, fresh baked cookies, with tea/lemonade too. Location is easy for all the shopping that we need to do, and just a hop onto the loop if we need something at the other end of town.
We ARE members of the chain type hotels (Marriott, Hilton etc.) but when we are in Lubbock, we chose this family owned hotel. Good value too!

Room Tip: They have all kinds of rooms, we have had adjoining ones when the grandparents came....just call and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

It's such a compliment to know that we've made you feel like family. It is always a pleasure to welcome you to Lubbock, and it was truly a joy to read your kind words. Thank you for your support over the years. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stay at the Arbor Inn and Suites everytime we make a trip to Lubbock. Rob (Owner) and his staff are always very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast has a little bit of everything! Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a Suite. They have regular rooms available also.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

It's our pleasure to welcome you to Lubbock. Thank you for the high recommendations! We'll see you next time you're in town.

Rob

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I use this hotel for business and family trips. I have always had a clean room, with a great mattress. Almost feels like home. The staff is always friendly and efficient. I look forward to bringing my family in the summer and trying out the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We're proud to be your home away from home, Elaine! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We'll see you this summer, and we'll have that pool ready!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Think of a room that's sparkling clean, and large enough to fit even 4 queen size beds. Unbelieveable! That is Arbor Inn conveniently located on the loop in Lubbock. This is my new hotel of choice in Lubbock.
On the freeway-- you have to enter from behind and find the little street between Lowes home center and the Arbor Inn. A little tricky but worth it.

Room Tip: Some have balconies-- that's rare in modern motels. The room I had was gigantic and the desk cl...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Great tip, Sally! That should definitely make it easier for folks to find us. We're proud to be your new home away from home in Lubbock. Thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back.