“Simply wonderful!”

Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
San Antonio
“Simply wonderful!”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

Holy cow, what a hotel! The hotel is located just off of 289 behind a few other hotels. This hotel is truly a hidden gem.

Check-in was a breeze. The owner was at the front desk and was extremely genuine in his kindness and hospitality. He even prepared a little gift for me and my girlfriend's anniversary. Extremely classy! The entire staff was about as friendly of a hotel staff as I have ever experienced.

I booked a two-room suite with a full kitchen. From the full-sized refrigerator to the marble counter bathroom, everything was just spotless. There were two TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Both have DVD players so bring your movies! The toilet was separate from the rest of the bathroom, which was a smart move. The toilet was VERY loud but it didn't really bother me. The bed was extremely comfortable. Check your closet if you need an extra pillow or blanket. The closet also holds a safe to keep any belongings locked up.

Breakfast was delicious. You'll find cereal, assorted pastries, and biscuits with gravy. During the evening hours, you'll find fresh cookies with iced tea and lemonade. There is also a large stainless steel ice chest in the breakfast area that holds little bottles of water, which is available 24/7.

It is no secret why this hotel is so popular: Tons of freebies, great environment, a very nice room, and the price just cannot be beat! Most of all, the staff here is top notch. This hotel epitomizes what a hotel experience should be. I consider myself very privileged to have stayed here and I will continue to look up The Arbor Inn and Suites whenever I am in Lubbock.

• Liked — An overall fantastic experience!
  • Disliked — Loud toilet.
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Danpod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dartmouth, MA
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This hotel is a subtle surprise. While it is clustered near other chain hotels, it's the little details that standout from the typical experience. The rooms are well layed out, tastefully decorated and comfortable with two TV's which is nice. Bath and Bodyworks toiletries adds an unexpected detail. The waterfall and beautiful landscaping seals the deal, making it much more than another chain hotel off the highway.

In many ways, Arbor Inn offers the best of both worlds. It has the well managed efficiency and amenities of the chain hotels, while possessing the thoughtful details and excellent personal service one would expect from a locally owned landmark.

I expect to return to Lubbock later in the Spring. No doubt I'll be staying at Arbor Inn again.

• Liked — Room layout and amenities, landscaped pool area.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
tyler texas
Reviewed January 15, 2008

we have been staying at the Arbor Inn and Suites for the past 2 years. We have stayed there probably over 30 nights and have enjoyed each stay. The staff is friendly and always willing to help in any way possible. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for high quality at a reasonable rate.

• Liked — large size of the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rob M, Owner at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I’m so glad that your stays with us have been so pleasant for you. Customer service is our number one priority, so I’m glad the staff has been attentive and friendly. We love hearing from our happy customers and can’t wait to welcome you back again!

Thanks,
Rob Meyer, Manager
Tampa, FL
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My wife, two sons, age 10 and 14, and I traveled from Tampa, Florida to the Southwest this past summer. We stayed in 11 different hotels in Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia, which included most of the big chains. We stayed for one night at the Arbor Inn and Suites on July 2, and then again on July 8. Not belonging to a chain, we did not know what to expect. I have to say that the Arbor Inn and Suites was the nicest hotel we stayed at on our trip, and one of the least expensive! The hotel and the grounds were beautiful. We were so surprised when we stepped in to the lobby. It was gorgeous! We stayed in a family suite that was huge and spotless! Our sons had their own bedroom with bunk beds, which they loved. Our room was across from the laundry room, which was FREE. Being on a three week road trip, that was very much appreciated. All the other hotels we stayed at either had no laundry facilities or there was a charge. In the morning, we had the free breakfast, which was delicious, as we sat outside by the pool. It was so much fun! I wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was extremely warm, welcoming, and accommodating! We will definitely stay at Arbor Inn and Suites if we travel west, again. I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Liked — Cleanliness and value
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank AlienTraveler2012
Dallas, TX
Reviewed December 27, 2007

This is a newer hotel and relatively nice. The good items first: The hotel is easy access, the rooms are larger than expected and the layout reduced any hallway noise (if there were any). It was cool went we visited so we did not use the pool, although the pool area looked very nice. The not so good items: There were stains on the sofa and bench. There was something black splattered all around the sink area on the walls. The morning breakfast was not stocked when we visited at 7:30. The morning front desk employee spent the entire time we were in the breakfast area on the phone arguing with her boyfriend (I learned too much about her personal life during that 15 minutes), the plants in the front lobby area were dead and the weather plate listed the weather for 5 days prior (little attention to the details here).

I would probably not stay here again. I would try another location. But, I do not travel to Lubbock often and this could just have been a fluke weekend for this property.

• Liked — size of room
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Houston Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2007

We could hear every television show and conversation in the suite next to our room, even at low levels--the most sound migration that my wife and I have ever experienced in a hotel. If you seek a quiet night, this is not the place, unless you are lucky enough to have no adjacent neighbors. When we made coffee in our room, the first morning, we found that the pot 1/2 full of coffee from the prior occupant and when the maid cleaned our room she did not clean the pot. The in-room safe was not operable because the battery was low. There was no luggage stand. Breakfast was mediocre at best. My wife and I travel to Lubbock on a regular basis and were disappointed, based on the prior reviews--there are several hotels (Quality Inn, Holiday Inn) that we preferred.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank ita7
RemrockLubbock_Texas, Owner at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 8, 2007
Arbor Inn and Suites, a true independent hotel, has had 24 reviews, 19 of them excellent. I understand ita7 being disappointed in her stay at the Arbor from her comments. What I do not understand is why she did not say anything to me or my staff. If we have any noise complaints we address them at the time. A luggage stand has been ordered for that room which had been broken previously. The other issues are housekeeping and have been addressed. I will admit sometimes we will miss items, however with 19 excellent ratings it does not happen often. I will close with this thought, Ms ita7 checked in November 21 and checked out on November 24. She rated us a 1 which is "terrible" according to tripadvisor's rating system. Would you stay 3 nights in a terrible hotel? Good because the Arbor Inn and Suites has 19 excellent ratings in 24 reviews and held the number one spot in Lubbock for over 2 years. I invite you to come see for yourself.

Rob Meyer
Owner Operator
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Cosmically loud toilet. Clean room. A/C unit worked well, although blows directly on bed. Small toilet-tank leak. OK Continental breakfast -- bagels, waffles, fruit, muffins. Friendly staff. Easily available luggage carts. Prominent sign in parking lot disclaims liability. Might return.

Stayed September 2007