“Fantastic hotel!!”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My wife, two sons, age 10 and 14, and I traveled from Tampa, Florida to the Southwest this past summer. We stayed in 11 different hotels in Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia, which included most of the big chains. We stayed for one night at the Arbor Inn and Suites on July 2, and then again on July 8. Not belonging to a chain, we did not know what to expect. I have to say that the Arbor Inn and Suites was the nicest hotel we stayed at on our trip, and one of the least expensive! The hotel and the grounds were beautiful. We were so surprised when we stepped in to the lobby. It was gorgeous! We stayed in a family suite that was huge and spotless! Our sons had their own bedroom with bunk beds, which they loved. Our room was across from the laundry room, which was FREE. Being on a three week road trip, that was very much appreciated. All the other hotels we stayed at either had no laundry facilities or there was a charge. In the morning, we had the free breakfast, which was delicious, as we sat outside by the pool. It was so much fun! I wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was extremely warm, welcoming, and accommodating! We will definitely stay at Arbor Inn and Suites if we travel west, again. I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AlienTraveler2012

Reviewed December 27, 2007

This is a newer hotel and relatively nice. The good items first: The hotel is easy access, the rooms are larger than expected and the layout reduced any hallway noise (if there were any). It was cool went we visited so we did not use the pool, although the pool area looked very nice. The not so good items: There were stains on the sofa and bench. There was something black splattered all around the sink area on the walls. The morning breakfast was not stocked when we visited at 7:30. The morning front desk employee spent the entire time we were in the breakfast area on the phone arguing with her boyfriend (I learned too much about her personal life during that 15 minutes), the plants in the front lobby area were dead and the weather plate listed the weather for 5 days prior (little attention to the details here).

I would probably not stay here again. I would try another location. But, I do not travel to Lubbock often and this could just have been a fluke weekend for this property.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2007

We could hear every television show and conversation in the suite next to our room, even at low levels--the most sound migration that my wife and I have ever experienced in a hotel. If you seek a quiet night, this is not the place, unless you are lucky enough to have no adjacent neighbors. When we made coffee in our room, the first morning, we found that the pot 1/2 full of coffee from the prior occupant and when the maid cleaned our room she did not clean the pot. The in-room safe was not operable because the battery was low. There was no luggage stand. Breakfast was mediocre at best. My wife and I travel to Lubbock on a regular basis and were disappointed, based on the prior reviews--there are several hotels (Quality Inn, Holiday Inn) that we preferred.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank ita7
RemrockLubbock_Texas, Owner at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2007

Arbor Inn and Suites, a true independent hotel, has had 24 reviews, 19 of them excellent. I understand ita7 being disappointed in her stay at the Arbor from her comments. What I do not understand is why she did not say anything to me or my staff. If we have any noise complaints we address them at the time. A luggage stand has been ordered for that room which had been broken previously. The other issues are housekeeping and have been addressed. I will admit sometimes we will miss items, however with 19 excellent ratings it does not happen often. I will close with this thought, Ms ita7 checked in November 21 and checked out on November 24. She rated us a 1 which is "terrible" according to tripadvisor's rating system. Would you stay 3 nights in a terrible hotel? Good because the Arbor Inn and Suites has 19 excellent ratings in 24 reviews and held the number one spot in Lubbock for over 2 years. I invite you to come see for yourself.

Rob Meyer
Owner Operator

Reviewed September 25, 2007

Cosmically loud toilet. Clean room. A/C unit worked well, although blows directly on bed. Small toilet-tank leak. OK Continental breakfast -- bagels, waffles, fruit, muffins. Friendly staff. Easily available luggage carts. Prominent sign in parking lot disclaims liability. Might return.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed August 5, 2007

This is a FANTASTIC hotel. I was in town on business with 5 co-workers, and we were snowed in. The hotel staff were pleasant, and completely accomodating to our every need (even hunting down a corkscrew and wine glasses for us). They were flexible (especially as we didn't know the exact number of days we were going to be staying!) All 5 rooms were spacious, spotless, perfectly maintained, comfortable, and had nice touches throughout. The price was a wonderful suprise, considering the quality. Continental breakfast, cocktail receptions, etc. were lovely. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank aggiemolly
Reviewed August 2, 2007

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Texasskipper