“Italian Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ITALIAN GARDEN - MOVED

ITALIAN GARDEN
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lubbock, Texas
“Italian Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Authentic Italian food so good you would think you were in Italy. The menu covers chicken, veal, seafood with pasta, pizza, lasagna and desserts like spumoni cheese cake.

I had the Seafood Combo 1 with shrimp, clams, mussels in a marinara sauce on linguini. The server delivered a large bowl with a generous portion of pasta loaded with clams, surrounded with large shrimp and mussels. The best marinara sauce I have ever had. From the first bite to the last I was in Italian heaven.

My husband had the veal cremora, a lighter than Alfredo sauce with tender veal. He had room for the Spumoni cheesecake. My husband loves Spumoni ice cream however he loved the Spumoni cheesecake.

Dinner comes with a small salad and fresh garlic rolls. Love the garlic rolls.
Bring your own wine and the server with bring wine glasses.

Near downtown Lubbock and Texas Tech University the atmosphere is Spartan and clean. We watched the weekly golf match on a Saturday mid-afternoon.

There are daily lunch specials served from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM For $8.99 that include drink, salad and bread.

• Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Wounderfull food very good service clean will be going back. My little girls loved the food. Great waiters fast service.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Wanted something for dinner, but we could not make a decision. So I went on the internet to see if something would help us out. We saw a couple of great reviews and assumed it was probably open only for lunch like most places in the downtown area. On a whim, we called and found out this was open until 9 p.m. Apparently, this has only been open for approximately 10 weeks. It is a family owned business. They also have other restaurants in the Dallas area.

The meal was wonderful. I had the Chicken Ala Casa. It was Chicken with sautéed mushrooms, onions, spinach, garlic and cream sauce. It melts in your mouth. It is the best Italian food in Lubbock and at a very reasonable price....

GUNS UP!!!!

1 Thank Judy806
Texas
“Put this place on your "must try" list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I ate here tonight with a friend and we both can't wait to go back. The restaurant is clean and simply decorated. The service was great! Our waiter was very nice and either the manager or chef came to our table to see how our food was. The food was delicious! Homemade garlic rolls and the house tomato vinaigrette dressing was very good. I had a chicken, spinach pasta dish (can't remember the name) and my friend had the chicken marsala. They were both outstanding. Lots of items on the menu to choose from. Only thing this restaurant needs is a good wine list!

1 Thank Laura H
Texas
“Best homemade Italian food in Lubbock, or maybe TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We've been here twice and are going again tomorrow. This is the type of Italian food that you think about for days afterwards. We have had several of the pasta dishes and they are all excellent. The homemade garlic rolls are so delicious, too. We are telling all our friends about it and they are reporting back that they also love this place. It's casual and you can bring your own wine. The only thing I wish they would change is to take down or turn off the TVs in the dining room. They detract from the dining experience. The sound is muted, but never the less, I don't want to fight for my husband's attention with a football game.

• 4 of 5 bubbles