“Average”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Aside from their famous cheese sticks, I felt it was just as average as any other burger joint. The place is too small, but they are currently renovating. I would go there again.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is a Lubbock landmark. It was one of the first places I ever ate at when I moved to Lubbock in 2005 and I try to eat here at least twice a year. Its awesome big burger food.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food is below average but the location is great. Stay away from this place on game days and don't expect anything special as far as the food goes.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Awesome waitstaff, cool family and college hangout atmosphere, great fried pickles and fried cheese. The chicken sandwiches were HORRIBLE! Very dry sandwich and no flavor to the chicken at all!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went with high hopes and was disappointed in every category. Service businesses should empower everyone on staff to be of service to their customers. We made eye contact with 3 employees while waiting at the register and not one made an effort to help or even acknowledged our presence. When the presumed manager and another employee returned from their break they were non-apologetic and curt. The food gets delivered upstairs via an elevator and the upstairs staff had to be reminded to bring it to us (one in my party finished their meal completely before the other 2 of us even got our food). If the food was good, I would have forgiven all but the food was cold (obviously), the chicken and green chiles overcooked, the fries under cooked and the salad wilted. On the way out to use the bathroom, it was overused and under clean too. Inexcusable. I will chew on my fingers before patronizing this place again and suggest you do the same.

Been to Spanky's? Share your experiences!