“Family Outing at Science Spectrum”

Science Spectrum Museum
Ranked #4 of 54 things to do in Lubbock
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a great way to spend a cold February day. We enjoyed the science exhibits and the movie. Everyone was laughing as we left the place. Happy faces -- Lots to see and do == we will go again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great science museum for the entire family! On Saturday's they usually have special demonstrations. There is even a room for very young children to play and explore. During the summer and over school holidays they have camps for elementary school children that are wonderful. Of course the omnimax theater is a must so plan for that during your day there.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good place to take your kids to learn and have fun at the same time. The kids love it and have a great time exploring.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

your family will love it and all the exhibits are so educational. we just loved it and the kids didn't want to leave. we also went to the butterfly exhibit, my littler granddaughter still talks about it every time we see a butterfly.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family (grandparents, myself and my 4 yr old daughter) visited during the 2013 Critter Fest. We watched the LPD's K-9 demonstration. Everyone enjoyed it. Then, we went in to the museum part were they added booths from various organizations (most were either very visual or tactile, not just pictures and paper information) in among their usual educational exhibits. My daughter loved it. Then, we watched the Imax "Flight of the Butterflies." They have a concave screen so the movie wraps around to cover your peripheral vision - awesome. (We now have milkweed and blue mist planted at our house because of this movie...) The line to see the BIG cats was too long for my 4 yr old's patience, but she did wait to get her face painted like a pink cat. Best face painting I've ever seen. I wish we could have done the outside petting zoo and pony rides, but it was just too hot for the adults. We will be sure to visit the grandparents again on Critter Fest weekend next year!