“Good Food-Good Atmosphere”

Ranked #3 of 617 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

What strikes one about Abuelo's is simply the quality of the food. I personally like hot food hot and cold food cold. They definitely deliver on the hot food delivered to the table. I have eaten here many times and they never disappoint.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Abuelo's is always great. The food is the best Tex-mex of any I've had. Very large plates and portions. Great atmosphere, but always a wait in the evenings.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This is the most consistent Mexican restaurant I have eaten at in Lubbock. The quality is high. They do a great job. The service is always attentive.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being from New Mexico, I was skeptical about going to Abuelos to eat. However, the food was rather decent. My husband and I enjoyed various salsas while waiting on our meal. Also, the ambience was amazing. We will definitely be coming back to Abuelos. My husband enjoyed the meal, and he is quite picky when it comes to dining out.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

On our way to Austin, TX we spent the night in Lubbock, TX and did an internet search for a Mexican restaurant. Abuelos was the highest rated and we chose to test it out. We were NOT disappointed.
There was a 30 minute wait (5:30 PM) and then we were seated. Our hostess told us the terrible snow and ice storm that had disrupted life in Lubbock for couple of days.
When our server came over to our table we found we would have two persons taking care of us - a trainee and the supervising waiter. Their service was excellent.
Food was very good - my wife had the Carnitas Tacos and I had the Chile Rellenos. The house margarita was excellent - one of the best I have ever had.
Prices were commensurate with what we would expect at a Mexican restaurant - medium.
When we left there were still people waiting to be seated - an indication the restaurant is well know in Lubbock, TX.

Been to Abuelo's? Share your experiences!