“"Real Mexican flavor served efficiently in a beautiful atmosphere."”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #3 of 617 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The food was plentiful, tasty, and decently priced. Although the wait for a table was a long one, the waiting area did not provide seating, the food and service were worth waiting for. Delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

While traveling through Texas, I happened upon Abuelo's restaurant. The first time I went with friends who live in Lubbock and again by myself when traveling back a week later. The food was perfect both times. Chips and salsa were delicious and both entrees were exceptional. Normally I avoid chain restaurants but Abuelo's was so good, I would happily go again. I have no experience with other locations than the one in Lubbock. The service was wonderful as well and worth mentioning.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Awesome chips and salsa but my favorite is the green chile chicken enchiladas with charro beans and papas.

1  Thank ITprofessional
Reviewed July 1, 2011

It was an OKAY place. Kind of pricey for the quality of food they served, then I took my 2nd bite...I found a 6 inch long string that looked like trot line cord IN my mouth because it was stuffed in my shredded beef. I am still about to throw up and that was an hour and a half ago. The manager even told me "it's not that gross, it's just the string that they wrap the raw beef in when they ship it to us." ARE KIDDING ME?!?!?! not that gross????? There should be NOTHING in my food. I advise to NOT go to this restaurant if you're thinking about it. I will NEVER be going back there. Sorry I don't have a photo of it because it was the only time I've never had my ipod on me...i can't believe that it was this time.

2  Thank derwake
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I ate here with a party of 8. We all ordered our drinks and were so excited by the menu because everything sounded so amazing. We finally decided on what to order but unfortunately, the food we were served looked nothing like the pictures in the menu. It was extremely bland and somewhat generic tasting. All of us were disappointed with our orders and to make matters worse, the food was expensive. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

Been to Abuelo's? Share your experiences!