“Don't believe the hype!”

Tom & Bingo's Hickory Pit BBQ
Ranked #145 of 591 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Lubbock, Texas
“Don't believe the hype!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Tom and Bingo's really disappointed me. For what I spent there, I don't believe I got what I paid for. The sandwiches are tiny and leave you wanting more. It's good BBQ but not great, and I've had a lot of BBQ!

• Visited March 2013

Lubbock, Texas
“Is it the food or is it the people?”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family goes to Tingo's (as we call it) almost every Saturday we are in town. The sandwiches are great but I think we go because it is like Cheers - everybody knows your name! Oh yeah, and there's that sauce!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Robert C
Edmonton, Canada
“This Dive Is Great”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The restaurant is really unique. They do not serve food on plates and the food is sandwiches only, unless you want to have a bag of chips. But the sandwiches are scrumptuous and come in only BBQ brisket, ham or burger. On a buttered, grilled bun with au jus added to the meat. You can then go to the common condiment area to add mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, onions, pickles or hot peppers. Then you either take the food as a takeout or sit in funky desk-like seats. There are only a dozen of those seats in the place. This dive is great.

• Visited January 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“So so”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's a small place, funky seating. The smoke coming from the grill is heavenly & though the meat does have a good flavor, it's a bit pricey for what you get. I expected better from all the hype I heard.

Visited May 2012
El Paso, Texas
“Classic Lubbock Barbecue”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I grew up on Tom and Bingo's Barbecue.According to family history they started up in the 50's as a place to grab a quick lunch, Then the boys had a falling out and when I was growing up there was one, and this is the original. You want the regular brisket sandwich. They butter the buns and put them on the grill while they slice off some brisket. Then they put some sort.of an Au Just on the sandwich, wrap it up and serve it to you. Then you doctor it up with the condiments such as onions, relish, pickles and their barbecue sauce. They are really expensive for what you get so you only order one, After that one you order another one. They are that good! The Bingo Burgers are for people who can't afford the original.

The sauce is really addictive and is what makes it so great! I live seven hours away and still have half a gallon in my fridge. (They do sell just the sauce. I think it's like $25 a gallon but one of the best purchases you can make.)

• Visited November 2012