“RUDE Service!!”

Ranked #110 of 591 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
“RUDE Service!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I have been going to this place for years (almost every week) The owner has never asked our names, the service is HORRIBLE and the last time we went the hostess sat 2 families ahead of ours when we had been there WAY longer. Food can be a hit or a miss. I would rather go to Jalisco's or Picantes than ever be treated so horrible again!!

Visited June 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great neighborhood dive”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went on the recommendation of locals. Easy to find from our hotel, fast services and great prices. Delicious salsa to start the meal. Excellent food, totally homemade taste. Can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pamelita7117
lubbock, Texas, United States
“NOT the best.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was not expecting the best when I went, but from the reviews I read I thought that it was going to be good. I was wrong.
The tortillas were homemade and delicious. The beans tasted canned. The carne guisada had good flavor but meat was tough and fatty. I had a lot of fat in my burrito I got and it grossed me out. It cost me about $8 dollars for these two burritos and they were super small. NOT WORTH the price.

• Visited November 2013
“Food was disgusting!! I had to throw food away!! Never again!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ordered food from Montelongo. Barbacoa had little meat in it, it had more fat in it than meat. Gross!! My wife ordered fajitas and she said it was too tough to eat. I'll never eat from this restaurant again,disgusting!!

• Visited June 2013
Midland, Texas
“Best Tex-Mex in the Panhandle”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you want really good Tex-Mex you have to go to Montelongo's Yes the location is not the best(far north side of town on the Clovis Highway) and the building is dated on the outside think 60's diner, it's what is inside that makes it worth the trip. Absolutely the best Tex-Mex short of El Paso and I eat a lot of Tex-Mex. You order coming in the door and if you aren't sure about what to order, they make it easy(pictures on the wall). Took out of town family there during Tech Graduation weekend and they could say enough good things about the food. The staff worked with us to get enough tables together for us and kept the chips and salsa coming and the glasses full. This is a family owned business that I hope never goes out of business. We will be back

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ghs72

Been to Montelongo's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!