“Best place for seafood in the High Plains”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #100 of 613 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've never had bad food here, although the service was not always impressive. The only time they truly angered me, we requested a table on the patio, so our kids could keep playing, and they put us inside. After a 2-hour drive, that's the last place two active kids want to be. But we all love seafood, and prefer to make the drive to Lubbock over going to Red Lobster in Clovis. To us, it's more and better food at Joe's than Red Lobster.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The food is fine. Just chain seafood, not a lot different than a Red Lobster. However....hubby and I pulled into town after a 3 hour drive and an hours time change and were ready to find dinner at 10:00. To our delight, when we called they said open until Midnight! Beats Taco Villa any day!!
So the food is average, but the late night hours was a huge bonus for us and also our server was AWESOME!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

we have dined at this Joe's on two separate occasions.
First time: left without eating - we never, never do this (but we did this time). staff very ineffectual and slow. appetizer was cold and bland - sauce was clumpy! thought perhaps entree will be better. No. We asked for our ticket and the manager. Paid for drinks and appetizer. Left disgusted and completely out of the mood for seafood or even really for trying to "dine" at all. Think we settled for a quick fast-food bite.

Second time: Decided to give them another try. . .anyone can have an off day, right? Walking in the place smelled of dirty mop-water. The smell seemed to pervade the entire restaurant. I did not say anything to the hostess but i thought, "can they not all smell this? have they grown immune?!" Different waiter, same poor service. Same disgusting excuse for food.

joe's crab shack - or atleast this location- is an idea and seafood gimmick that has run it's course. and it's overpriced.

twice is enough.
never again.

2  Thank 510jana
Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's very rare that we go to Joe's, but it was a good experience. We had a good server, Carly and she made the visit fun and exciting. Although a bit pricey, we were able to find a little something for everyone in our party. The Crab Nachos are really good as well as the Crab Pots. It's nice to see that they still sell Tye-Dye shirts.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was staying at a nearby hotel, and Joe's Crab Shack was was the only restaurant around.

It should have been adequate, but when I walked in the place reeked of vomit. More precisely, the smell was as if vomit had been mopped up and then the dirty vomit water used to mop the entire inside floor. It was gag inducing, but I thought I could get an outdoor table. Wrong.

I could not get a table at all. There were plenty of empty tables. Plenty of employees hanging around. But none of those employees would seat me and none of them knew where the seater was. Bizarre.

I don't know if there was no manager on duty, or the manager had a stroke. Same result: it was chaos with no path to get seated and eat. In the end, it was for the best as the pervasive choking strong vomit smell had killed my appetite.

I assume someone is paying for the building and employees. I would ask that person or organization: why spend the money on facilities and labor if you don't actually seat and feed people to get revenue? I wonder what the health department would make of the choking vomit stench?