“New Owners - Big Improvement”
Review of Fortune Cookie

Fortune Cookie
Ranked #17 of 19 Dessert in Lubbock
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“New Owners - Big Improvement”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We quit going to the Fortune Cookie a few years ago solely for the reason of being charged for drink refills. We returned last week because I had bought a Groupon and I was surprised and happy to learn they were under new management. The food was very fresh and delicious, staff extremely friendly and helpful.....and the refills are free! I am so glad we went back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Linda O

Lubbock, Texas
“Once was good. Now..it's gross”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My family has been going to Fortune Cookie for years. The original owners recently sold the restaurant. The original owner stayed around for a few weeks to help the transition. I ate there during the transition and twice after. Each time the food was worse. I even ordered different menu items each time to make sure I gave the new owners a fair chance. This last visit was last week. I ordered Hunan beef. The girl at the cash register didn't even know that was on the menu. She isn't new. She has been there since the sell several months ago. I was less than impressed. My Hunan beef tasted like pot roast. It had absolutely no seasoning. My fried wontons were soggy. I tried my kids dishes and was even more disgusted. My kids always order the kids chicken and noodles. Basically teriyaki chicken with noodles. Since the change of owners they started putting a sweet sauce on the noodles. The chicken was steamed and not seared. I tried to give them (the new owners) a fair chance but this was strike three. I feel sorry for the original owners who worked hard for 20+ years to have their restaurant reputation destroyed in less than 3 months.

1 Thank medsdis
Lubbock, Texas
“particles”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

For the second time in the last 3 months I have a gotten steel wool string in my meal.

the new orange beef has no breading, but is very thin and the breading has been replaced with rice chips, coated with the artificial orange sauce of which I am NOT a fan.

the new chicken n snow peas, has no more water chestnuts no baby corn, no bamboo slivers any longer.

the egg rolls had a faint fishy flavor

so long cookie

• Visited April 2014
“Not the Best”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a week night at 7:00 and we were the only people in the restaurant. I had the General Tso chicken, a house specialty and was disappointed. It was deep fried and the breading was crunchy. Also, there are no waiters so be prepared to order at the counter. Despite the name, fortune cookies cost extra, you get two for 25 cents!

“New Special is awesome!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Just tried the new soup on the special board- it was AMAZING!!! A giant bowl of clear soup with rice noodles, beef, chicken, shrimp, broccoli, mushrooms, and green onions. It filled me up and kept me warm on this cold winter's day.

• Visited December 2013