“Delicious Steak Lunch”

Longhorn Steak House
Ranked #79 of 611 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Great service and really delicious steaks. Good atmosphere and attentive wait staff. Recommend the under 500 6 oz steak filet and grilled vegetables

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stopped in after the lunch crowd during the holidays to use a gift card. It was our first visit, so we decided to try the chicken fried steak ever though we do have a favorite already in the city. However, this was a delightful surprise in every possible way!! The steak itself was good and it came with perfect mashed potatoes (without garlic, thank goodness) and gravy (though not quite enough gravy for me) and the mixed vegetables could not have been more perfectly prepared - crisp tender!! One of us ordered a beer on tap, which came in a frosty glass, which was very pleasant, as opposed to a mug. Our server was very attentive and it was a very pleasant dining experience! The only thing that was not perfect was that the dining room was cold. They first tried to seat us by the door and we said no, but even away from the door, it was unpleasantly cold. Other than that, it was great!

2  Thank pjhinton
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Wednesday night with 5 friends for a holiday gathering. Service was not good. Our steaks were served before our salads. Only two of our steaks were cooked as ordered. Others weren't close. Mine however, was one of the ones that was spot on. It was delicious.

The visit would have been much better if everyone in our party would have had a better experience and if the service was better. Every place has a bad night. I'll give them another opportunity.

1  Thank dehill35
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had been wanting to try Longhorn Steak House ever since it opened a few months ago. Our granddaughter chose to go there for her birthday, so the entire family went.

The waiting area seemed a little small. But, we had little trouble finding a place to sit. We had a group of 8.

Our waitress was cheerful and accommodating. My wife's and my steak were cooked to perfection. Our son ordered his medium rare, but it came out rare. I don't know if his was a one time occurrence or the norm. The food was nice in appearance. Overall, a very good meal!

If I had one complaint it would be that virtually all of the seating in the restaurant are in large booths. A party of eight cannot be comfortable in a booth. I only saw two tables for the whole restaurant. I am sure we will go back, but only with my wife and myself.

Poor seating will cost you, Longhorn. I suggest paring down the number of booths and replacing them with tables.

1  Thank RJ1950
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Been there twice and was disappointed both times. Seems we were IGNORED upon entering --- both times! Not accustomed to this AT ALL! Then we were finally seated; food order taken; food came out SLOWLY and NOT AS ORDERED! Nothing complicated - just not as ordered. Medium steak should be MEDIUM not MEDIUM WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just not good experiences either time. Not picky eaters - either me or hubby; but expect what we order to be good and edible! NOT THE CASE here!