“First time visit.”

Longhorn Steak House
Ranked #83 of 605 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had been wanting to try Longhorn Steak House ever since it opened a few months ago. Our granddaughter chose to go there for her birthday, so the entire family went.

The waiting area seemed a little small. But, we had little trouble finding a place to sit. We had a group of 8.

Our waitress was cheerful and accommodating. My wife's and my steak were cooked to perfection. Our son ordered his medium rare, but it came out rare. I don't know if his was a one time occurrence or the norm. The food was nice in appearance. Overall, a very good meal!

If I had one complaint it would be that virtually all of the seating in the restaurant are in large booths. A party of eight cannot be comfortable in a booth. I only saw two tables for the whole restaurant. I am sure we will go back, but only with my wife and myself.

Poor seating will cost you, Longhorn. I suggest paring down the number of booths and replacing them with tables.

1  Thank RJ1950
There are newer reviews for Longhorn Steak House

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Been there twice and was disappointed both times. Seems we were IGNORED upon entering --- both times! Not accustomed to this AT ALL! Then we were finally seated; food order taken; food came out SLOWLY and NOT AS ORDERED! Nothing complicated - just not as ordered. Medium steak should be MEDIUM not MEDIUM WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just not good experiences either time. Not picky eaters - either me or hubby; but expect what we order to be good and edible! NOT THE CASE here!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My sister & I went for dinner on a Saturday night around 6:30. We were told there would be a 50 minute wait and so we headed to the bar. After a very good margarita, we were pleasantly surprised when our table was ready within approx. 40 minutes. We both had the filet and lobster tail and our food was superb. Service was excellent as well. Very happy with the quality of our meal and the value. Well worth it. Even with all the restaurants that Lubbock has, there is still a long wait on weekends. For being a newly opened restaurant, we felt the wait on a Saturday night was more than acceptable.

We recently went to Longhorn with our husbands and family that was visiting from out of town. We were fortunate to sit in the same section as before and had the same server. She is professional and efficient. We tried the Lobster and Crab dip and everyone loved it. Some of us had filets and the rest of our party had ribeyes. The steaks were cooked to perfection and seasoned beautifully. Another positive experience at Lubbock's newest steakhouse.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Three of us ate here one night two of us had STEAKS one a Robert and the other a sirloin. Both were delicious and both said it was one of the best STEAKS we had eaten in quite awhile. The other person had the grilled shrimp it also was great. The only negative was the 45 minute wait to get a table but after eating you knew why there was a long wait. Well worth the wait.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is an excellent place to have a meal. We usually visit here several times per month.

Yes if you go there at 'peak' times, there will be a wait. We try to avoid going at those times.

Try it for yourself.