“Meh...”

Ranked #278 of 602 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
“Meh...”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Over priced. The food was decent but not worth what they are charging. For a extra special occasion I'd still pick somewhere else.

Lubbock, Texas
“Best Margarita's in town”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Love the Taco Salad or fajita's, with hand shaken Margarita's. Friendly wait staff with a Tex-Mex flair. They have take out too.

• Visited August 2013
“Arriba, El Chico!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I love eating at El Chico's! I love their food! Their salsa is very good. And, be sure and ask for a relish dish with lightly pickled carrots, jalapenos and onions. (You have to ask for it.) Muy delicioso!

Visited September 2013
Texas
“Always A Treat”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I grew up eating at El Chico Mexican Food in Ft. Worth, so whenever I have a chance, I always come back for more. The food is consistently good and the service is too also the Owners in Lubbock have been there for many years, that could explain why everyone is friendly and welcoming there. My memories of El Chico's food was and is of really good Tex-Mex and I'm never disappointed, the Chips are crisp the Salsa is spicy but too hot and don't forget to try the Relish, best Pickled Pepper, Carrots and Onions I've ever had. If your in Lubbock, give El Chico a try, it's Really Good Food and Really Good Service, I think you'll really like it.

• Visited September 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Not of the Texas chain of El Chico restaurants”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We thought it was like the El Chico chain we had eaten at in the Dallas area. We were told it was at one point but no more. (Not sure how they keep the name if not, but oh well.) The food was not very good. We even tried it again when family came into town and it was their favorite place to eat in Dallas. After ordering queso, our guests said it was NOT the same and was terrible. We paid for the queso and soft drinks and left. If you are expecting El Chico quality food you are accustomed to from the restaurant chain, you will be sorely disappointed.

Visited November 2012

Been to El Chico Cafe? Share your experiences!