“Best coffee in town”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Egg and I has delicious creative breakfast from Omelets to Eggs Benedict with crab, Mexican breakfasts and my husband's favorite granola strawberry pancakes with turkey sausage. They have the best dark roasted coffee and comes in decaf. Large portions where you can take some home. Call in your order and pick it up. Steve the manager makes sure you are satisfied. He greets everyone with a smile and a handshake. Friendly staff makes breakfast a treat. We eat here often. Our favorite weekend breakfast restaurant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love the Colorado Scramble, my way. The restaurant manager, Steve noticed I would bring in Rice Cheese to add to my omelet. One Sunday morning we arrived and Steve said they had my special cheese waiting for me. Wow, what customer service. Coffee is deeelish, portions large so we take half home. My husband enjoys the plate size pancakes with fresh berries. Wait staff are friendly and accommodating. Steve takes time to visit each table and make sure your food is just right.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were just here in August. Food is great. Service was very good also. Franchise owner was there and talked to us. They had a consultant there reviewing food and staff. I think they are serious about working on issues that show up in other reviews. We had no complaints.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food and service at The Egg & I were very good. However, we had a large group and we had made a reservation. Yet when we arrived they said they had no reservation and that they didn't even take reservations. After a conversation and a phonecall to the manager, the reservation WAS found.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went here for the first time in July. After being seated quickly, a sweet waitress brought our drinks. Made our selections and off the order went. We waited, and waited, and waited. I started noticing others were getting their food, eating and leaving and there we sat. The waitress told us "the food is almost up" and then "the cooks are trying to get in a flow." Over an hour passed and we asked for the manager. He told us "we have been so busy" before saying "we lost your order." Ok...something broke down between ordering at our table and the order getting to the kitchen. Mistakes happen. BUT, come back an ask our order again or something. Please don't make up excuses. When the food came (and we can only assume the waitress tried to remember our order) it was terrible. My husband's was wrong and my croissant egg sandwich was soggy and with a cheese I asked not to have. I ate one half and called it quits. Again, mistakes happen, but Mr. Manager... you are the "buck stops here" person. Please take responsibility and just move on. Your customers don't want excuses, especially after an hour of waiting! He did come back with a gift certificate to come back and try them again, but not sure if we will. The food just wasn't that great. My husband has eaten at several and raved about them. I guess this one isn't all it's "cracked" up to be. In my opinion, if you want breakfast in Lubbock, go to Red Zone on Slide.

1  Thank Becky B