“Long wait for food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Perryton, Texas
“Long wait for food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm not sure if it's because this place is brand new or what but we had to wait a really long time for our food. We got right in and seated and the waitress took our order quickly, but then we waited probably 30 to 40 minutes for our food. Most breakfast places bring out the food really quickly. All of the tables around us had to wait a long time, and then everyone's food came out at the same time, so I don't know what was going on in the kitchen. I also felt bad for all the people waiting to be seated. They are very slow at getting people in and out and cleaning off tables. Hopefully it will get better as the restaurant gets established. The food was good, but I ordered off of the low calorie, healthy menu, and my english muffin came out dripping in butter. It was kind of disgusting, so I ordered a new one. My mom also complained that her so-called healthy breakfast was really greasy. I think I'd prefer to go to I-HOP or Denny's instead of coming back to this place. I was really impressed with the variety of options on the menu though.

• Visited May 2013

Waco, Texas
“Try this one!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We chose to eat here instead of the hotel breakfast. The service was good and the food did not disappoint. We have eaten at the one in Waco TX and enjoy the variety of egg dishes as well as the non-egg items.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Not quite there yet!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant with high expectations, but came away extremely disappointed!! With prices high, we did expect quality. Instead, we got lukewarm to totally cold food. When we complained, they did fall all over themselves to apologize, but the owner made the excuse that "it is not the Egg and I way" to use a heatlamp to keep food items warm until they can be delivered. Now that is all well and good if they have people available to take food items to the tables as soon as they are ready. That, however, does not appear to be the case! In all fairness, the restaurant is new and they may still be in the throes of finding just the right balance of staff and service. I fear they will lose a client base, however, while they are finding their way. We, for one, will not be making a return visit.

• Visited April 2013
“Ignored and disrespected this place needs to weed out bad waitresses and teach other waitresses to step up when needed.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Worst experience ever and I didn't even get to eat. The nicest person was the hostest. Sat down waiting on husband with baby. Five minutes later my husband came. Still no waitress or drinks. This place was not busy. Other People are coming in and getting drinks right away. 10 minutes later still no service or acknowledgment. No order taken for drinks or food. Finally my husband waives over someone. She mumbles to a lady in a green shirt that its someone elses table. Lady in green shirt comes over very apologetic and takes our order plus our drinks. Okay. ...5 minutes later still nothing. Again people are coming in and getting drinks and assistance right away. Still we have no drinks and still do not know who our waitress is. Then a lady comes over with not syrup and says "can I take the coffee mugs from you" ugh we are waiting on coffee and water. "Oh your waiting on coffee". 2 minutes later still nothing no recognition from any of the waitresses who are attending other tables, getting refills and other stuff. Feeling very ignored and disrespected we left. Did I mention we still had no drinks not even water. Husband spoke with manager who offered a free meal. Lol. That's if we come back. In which I will happily give a good review if deserved.

• Visited April 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Great new breakfast place”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have eaten at The Egg and I twice for breakfast. We ordered a different dish each time. Both of our meals have been perfect, service very good and a nice atmosphere. We will continue to frequent this place.

• Visited March 2013