“It's finally here!”

Capital Pizza
Ranked #69 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A local restaurant with great food and atmosphere to match! Unlike alot of local places where the food is good but the decor is plain ole ugly, this place has amazing pizza, a great beer list, a well stocked bar, and great atmosphere. We had the pepperoni and the the Rabbit (all veggie bunny food). Although my guests compare every pizza to Grimali's, we thoroughly enjoyed both offerings. The crust pretty much says it all - just thin enough and folded over at the edges to give your what we call delicious "pizza bones." Despite the hustle and bustle (I liked the atmosphere with a variety of families with kid, college kids. young adult date night and older date night), our service was attentive. Can't wait to try the calzone, the bar and the outdoor patio when it warms up!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a very charming pizza place in the center of Tech Terrace and makes a nice addition to the small collection of shops. The staff were very friendly, and we were seated immediately. The place was completely full, so it is understandable that the service was not immediate. We were not in a hurry, but it did take 15 minutes to place our drink order. There is a little confusion on the beer selection, they had a special on "domestic" beer. With no menu and a large selection of beers. it took a little while to find a domestic beer. The probably should rename their "imports" to premium since even Texas beers are considered Imports. The pizza's that were being served around us smelled and looked great. We should have ordered a pizza, but I opted for calzone and my friend a salad.

My suggestion is you should stick with the pizza. The calzone was a misshapen blob broken down the middle. While it tasted very good, it seemed very skimpy on the stuffing. Most of the calzone was just two layers of crust. My friend's Caesar salad had very little chicken and way over the top croutons. I enjoyed myself and will return, but I am going to stick to the pizza in future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Today we visited the newest restaurant in town, Capital Pizza. The pizza was amazing! We had the Chicken Alfredo specialty pizza, and it was so good we had to eat it all. The pizza crust is phenomenal; can't want to try one of their calzones too. Service was friendly.

1  Thank lubbock09
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Finally someone has done it right! I've waited years to have a place to dine and have a drink in Tech Terrace!

They serve beer, wine, and spirits. I was told they have a variety of over 50 beers. I saw more spirits than I could count and I hear they have a nice selection of wines as well.

The restaurant was very clean, great lighting, and even better the food! It feels like its been there for years.

They offer many different types of pizza. Many more toppings than your normal spots. Even a peanut butter and jelly pizza! Don't knock it until you try it. Many more dessert pizzas, toppings, and different sauces. (they offer Alfredo sauce instead of marinara, for those who aren't huge fans of pizza sauce!!) try the mango habanero as well. The crust was very tasty and homemade with flour on the bottom. Crispy, buttery, and full of flavor.

It's a must try! So thankful for this local owner to join the neighborhood. Located at 26th & Boston across from Lowe's the local grocery store!

1  Thank Jsgcdg09