“Nice atmosphere - Slow Service”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 624 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I would rate it a 3.5 instead of 4. The service was very slow on a Sunday afternoon. I think the server was overwhelmed with too many tables and did the best that she could. The food smelled amazing, but I made a poor salad choice - which I would NOT recommend the BJ's Cobb Salad unless you enjoy about half a head of shredded iceberg lettuce - I didn't choose well. My husband got the jambalaya and liked it a lot. My son had pizza - but think that 'hand tossed' is a bit of a stretch, maybe they tossed the pre-made pizza dough in the package in the air and then opened the package and laid it on a pan? It was okay, but not what it was advertised to be to me.
The atmosphere was very pleasant, but glad we didn't have any small children with us as the wait would have been terrible. Our drink glasses emptied long before our poor overworked server could even get by to see that, and she hustled the best that she could.
Maybe Sunday is the day to avoid?
We'll think about how much time we have, order sandwiches, burgers or pasta, and go as a small group, before we head back there again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I always like the food all four times I have visited. But...every time I go after ordering it takes 15-25 minutes for our food to arrive. And recently our appetizer came same time as our entree's. Nutrition labels were scary for several items so beware. Soda options are a bust, but food is good and people were nice.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

.........to get their act together & they continue to screw up; It is a brewhouse - and it was lunch so not many people drinking alcohol, yet it took the waitress & the MANAGER (?) 20 minutes to get 2 beers to our table. The only thing they managed to get right this visit was that both our entrees arrived at one time & were hot; the street tacos (chicken) plate was tasty - perfect size & spice.

1  Thank gaulegirl
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first experience with a BJ's Brewhouse was in Las Vegas Nevada. That place was incredible and the food was very good! Staff was very pleasant and was always available (almost too much attention as I was watching a sports game on one of the TV's). Went back again and was very pleased the second time. However, this review is on Lubbock's Brewhouse. I was expecting the same type of service and food quality but I was deeply disappointed. The service was sporadic as the place was PACKED!! I learned later that you could call ahead and avoid the long lines and I would highly suggest that!! I am hoping that as the "newness" wears off and the crowds die down that BJ's in Lubbock will become what other BJ's Brewhouse are known for!! Food was average and not worth the price paid. Recommendation....Hold off going during prime time and try your first trip during a slower period.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The service is great at this location, but management needs better quality control of the food. I ordered a side salad and much of the lettuce had that nasty, slimy quality that old greens get. Yuck. The potato skins are deep-fried, greasy, and tasted of old oil. I'll go again, but sticking to the beer.