“Good Food, Service Rude”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #39 of 614 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

With about 100 miles left in a 400-mile trip, my wife and I deviated a few miles out of the way to eat at Chuys as she had eaten there previously and loved the food.

On Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:15pm we were seated in a booth in the bar area. The place was about half full, but it still took quite a while and asking on our part to get a menu and glass of water. The guy waiting on us told us several times he'd be right with us.

His demeanor, his voice tone, his attitude--all told us we were an inconvenience to his afternoon. When it came time to pay he said, "Sorry," several times, but didn't say what for. Never in my life had I ever been disgusted by poor service as I was on that visit.

Conversely, the food was pretty good, but I would be hard pressed to sit through rudeness like that again...anywhere.

Maybe the waiter was having a bad day or personal problems; I get it, but with a new restaurant opening next door, the manager better be careful his staff doesn't run off customers.

1  Thank Japheaux

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Love Chuy's! I eat at them wherever we go, and the one in Lubbock is no exception. Delicious food, and great customer service.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 22, 2014

There are so many other places to get tex-mex that is much better than here...and I'm sure their service is better too! A big disappointment here.

1  Thank MiCro113
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Coming from West Texas, I have a higher standard for Mexican food. Chuy's was an okay place but it was not mexican food, more like fast food. The tortillas and queso were great, but the food lacked flavor. Everyone is crazy about the creamy jalapeno sauce....Don't get excited. ..it is only Ranch with some flavor (not jalapeno) it would be great on a salad but nothing else! It was a great place, but not really my kind of "mexican food"

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have ate from authentic Mexican to Tex-Mex food. I love the authentic the best yet have a craving for Tex- Mex. I had the Elvis big combo? Elvis? Choked down two of the enchiladas one was sun edible and the taco was decent.

Been to Chuy's? Share your experiences!