“Awesomeness!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Georgetown, Texas
“Awesomeness!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What can I say..its fabulous mexican food! There reason it is busy from open to close. For a cocktail, suggest the Mexican Martini or one of their margaritas. Food: anything and everything is good. If you are hungry Elvis Memorial. Definitely ask for the jalapeno ranch dressing to dip chips in.

Visited March 2013

Georgetown, Texas
“A little of the Austin edge in Lubbock”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

While this is no Austin Chuy's - it seems to try very hard. The decor is loud so the ambiance is loud! I was very disappointed that there was no white wine other than small bottles of Chardonnay and there was no draft beer. I was going to go with a dirty martini, but the glasses are tiny - what's the point, right? So - if your going to enjoy a beverage stick to the margarita's and the bottle beer. We had come off a 10 hour drive so it was about 8 PM when we arrived and the place was very busy - we had to wait 10 minutes. This surprised me due to the late hour, but apparently everyone wants to eat here. The service was decent considering how busy it was. The food was average - nothing to write home about. This is a great addition to the Lubbock area and only wish in hindsite I had paid with my UT Hook Em Horns Mastercard!

“Fresh food, great service, and location - what else is better?”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been to several Chuy's south and this one does not disappoint. No complaints at all except the cramped parking as it shares with another restaurant and construction. The food is worth the wait with the freshest Mexican and New Mexican food in Lubbock. Go early, stay long enough to finish with sopapillas for dessert. If you dare, eat the 'chicka boom boom enchiladas for great mix of flavor. Server was great and kept us with a full glass and checked on us regularly. Those other reviewers might need to try this spot again.

San Antonio, Texas
“Corn or flour”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Bar service great! Food service bad! Never brought appetizer or extra enchilada, asked for corn tortilla on fish taco but got flour and waiter insisted it was corn. Finally just brought corn tortillas for me to assemble myself! Then added 3 drinks to the ticket that we didn't order.

• Visited February 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Really good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Got there at 9pm, sat in the bar. Great service and food. I would eat there for sure again. Seemed like a big family of friends. Had the deluxe panchos and top shelf margarita. it was really good. A manager stopped by to check on me. Way to go Chuys, so much better service than BJ's Brewhouse next door.

• Visited January 2013