“Corn or flour”

Chuy's
Ranked #34 of 624 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Bar service great! Food service bad! Never brought appetizer or extra enchilada, asked for corn tortilla on fish taco but got flour and waiter insisted it was corn. Finally just brought corn tortillas for me to assemble myself! Then added 3 drinks to the ticket that we didn't order.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Got there at 9pm, sat in the bar. Great service and food. I would eat there for sure again. Seemed like a big family of friends. Had the deluxe panchos and top shelf margarita. it was really good. A manager stopped by to check on me. Way to go Chuys, so much better service than BJ's Brewhouse next door.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've heard so much about Chuy's over the years and had never eaten at one, then Lubbock got one I was so excited to see what all the talk was about. Okay, I know someone will hate me but I've eaten there twice now and they have some work to do. First, the bar was fantastic, I think I should've just stayed there. the drinks were good and the service very good, both times. But it's after you get seated where it starts going downhill. The salsa is great, I like it, but not everyone loves cilantro and Chuy's doesn't have an alternative. The server's let us run out of chips for quite a while. and drinks were left empty for too long! Husband ordered NO SOUR CREAM and it was drizzled all over his chile relleno! Come on Chuy's you've got some big shoes to fill you need to step it up. I may have chocked it up to one server but the same thing happened on both trips so that is BAD! I may try them again someday but Husband won't go! And it was way too pricey for the service we got!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We started eating at Chuy's in Austin many years ago. Then they branched out to San Antonio. When they opened in Lubbock, I was ECSTATIC! Really, I started eating Fish Tacos at Chuys before anyone else had them. They are just as good now as they were fifteen years ago! I often order the fish grilled instead of fried. No problem. Their salsas are the best. Many people don't know you can order any or all of the salsas on their list with no extra charge.

But for the first time, I had Tres Leches Cake. (In case your wondering that means heavy cream, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.) OMG! It also has fresh strawberries and cramel sauce drizzled over the top. More heavy cream around the base of the piece. Yummy! Get it to go.

They are so nice about bringing boxes to go as well as a sack to put them in. Good service!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Loved this place so much we ate here 4 days in a row!!! Loved the deluxe panchos and the sopapillas. Shelby and Baxter were excellent servers and made sure out visit was a pleasant experience!!! They have a new martini margarita that is exclusive to this location make sure to go and ask for it!!!

Been to Chuy's? Share your experiences!